sharetrader
Page 82 of 733 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182582 ... LastLast

Thread: Xro - xero

this is getting insane $9.80 now. and i sold out at 7.60 so frustrating

$9.80 and climbing. I wonder if we will make the $10 today? My inner resolve is cracking and asking me to bail with the (sizeable) profit. I love the company but I would really like some sort of concrete milestone to make me feel better about the relentless rise. Perhaps a surprise, "we have just hit 300k customers"....or something.

Toasty - like I said - its either a speculative bubble or other people know something you and I don't. Both are worries.

hmmm. the last little bit of my holding is the next sell. I guess then I'm out! I'm very pleased

hah, in the time of writing that, they sold. Wow!
    Hmmm, but now what to reinvest my entire xero holding in? Or wait til it corrects and buy in again?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    I struck a brick wall with this so I ended up running the reports I would require in the future and downloading a copy of the complete dataset.
    Yeah, agree this is what I am going to have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    I think going forward, XRO will have to offer a data retention plan. Say $50 per year paid x7 = $350 in advance and then pay extra if you actually want to look at it again.
    I also think this is the obvious solution to offer a 'read only' subscription and can't believe they haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by maddog View Post
    Most of the possible market of many millions that people talk about for Xero is made up of very small businesses that are very cost conscious. Something like 70% of all businesses in any country have no employees and most of the rest have 1-2. They mostly want simple, cheap products. A product like Wave suits many of them perfectly. Xero is actually overkill for most.

I am not too worried by how good a product Wave is at the moment - they have only been going two years, but are well funded and will keep on improving. What I think is truly disruptive about Wave is their pricing model. Sometime soon another free accounting service will launch, and then another . . . and then those still charging will be fighting for a smaller and smaller market of those prepared to pay.

For all its technical innovation Xero still has an old style commercial model. Sometime soon somebody new will start calling Xero an "incumbent" and beat it with an equally good product but delivered with more value.
    I agree Wave would be suitable for a lot of very small businesses. But I do not think that any business that would otherwise have paid for an accounting service, be it Xero, MYOB or anything else, would choose Wave. It is just not up to much technically and it is a big leap of faith moving your business' financial records online fullstop, let alone to a free provider which makes its money selling advertising.

I certainly would never pay a cent to Wave, but then again you don't have to!

I think Xero shareholders (of which I am not), should be far more worried about one of the big boys (MYOB etc) releasing a product which is just as (or more) innovative than Xero at cheaper subscription rates. The big boys have the brand recognition etc that people would feel comfortable and trusting with moving their records to the cloud without fear of losing everything. I imagine it would be just as hard for some US business contemplating moving everything online to some tech start-up in NZ as it would for me to trust my records to some freebie provider in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    I struck a brick wall with this so I ended up running the reports I would require in the future and downloading a copy of the complete dataset.
    In all honesty, if it is not possible to keep your records for 7 years in the system, what sane person would use such a system to comply with their obligations?

I wonder if all of the people trying to get their data out are being counted in the customer numbers?
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

Why so many off market trades? Really noticeable today.Forgive my ignorance if this is normal

Thanks Moosie. Does that mean people are selling privately? Who to?

Whoah, and theres the $10. Now what?