sharetrader
Page 91 of 733 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191591 ... LastLast

Thread: Xro - xero

Not over yet. Still got a viperload left. Well and truly into gravy territory. The problem with these kinds of stories is that it makes it hard to buy shares which actually do what they are supposed to, like go up slowly over time and pay out a dividend now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Drongo View Post
    My third one...congrats Toasty
    Thanks Drongo. Of course now it will really take off and I will agonise over it...

Meh. I don't know. Probably just watch and wait. I have spoken to a few of the call centre people at Xero and they seem to be buzzing. Apparently the customer count is climbing rapidly so I am keen to see what the results are when they are released. Is that june?

I don't pretend to know why the share price is so high but Rod is a singularly focussed individual and I respect his vision. He is also well connected in the states so who knows whats going on over there. It may come back in the short term but I still believe that there is greatness here beyond the scope of most NZ focussed companies. Hope thats not too grandiose.

Now off to the Porsche dealership...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    Its accounting software. It has to be kept updated otherwise you are not complying with the tax legislation. How useful is a software program that accounts for GST at 10% when its now 12.5% or 15%? Ditto for PAYE payments when everyone's tax bracket changes each time the govt changes. Tax updates are not optional features like other software, its mandatory, otherwise you find yourself in jail after a nasty audit.
    Accounting software tracks debits and credits - has been doing so since the Romans (or was it the Greeks?)

Income tax calcs are not done in the accounting software (Xero has an add on in Australia and working on for NZ and US).
    GST is normally a criteria that can be set, not require a new update (though transition can be hard)
    PAYE is not done in accounting software (MYOB has payroll software but Xero doesn't, except for in Australia.
    Even accounting standard changes (ie. IFRS) are just more debits and credits.

I can still use MS money for my personal finances and I bought that 8 years ago in the UK.

When I updated my Brothers business to Xero, their version of MYOB was out of date.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question What's in a Name

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Bongo (Darren Rickard's nickname) no longer posts on Sharetrader and went and set up his own site due to people having a gutsful of him years ago. Or maybe he had a gutsful of everyone else. Others might be able to share.

He suffered a bad stroke around a year ago, so I don't really want to speak negatively of him, but I have had dealings with him in the past, and am pleased he doesn't post on Sharetrader anymore.
    Would you be willing to bet, say a XRO share, on that?

best wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
    Meh. I don't know. Probably just watch and wait. I have spoken to a few of the call centre people at Xero and they seem to be buzzing. Apparently the customer count is climbing rapidly so I am keen to see what the results are when they are released. Is that june?

I don't pretend to know why the share price is so high but Rod is a singularly focussed individual and I respect his vision. He is also well connected in the states so who knows whats going on over there. It may come back in the short term but I still believe that there is greatness here beyond the scope of most NZ focussed companies. Hope thats not too grandiose.

Now off to the Porsche dealership...
    They will be releasing operating update in early April, and the full year results should be out in May going by previous years. Congratulations on your sale, but I have no intention of selling any of my shares just yet. I will make a judgement call after studying the numbers, but I will probably be holding for at least another 2 or more years.

Even though the stock fundamentals are out of whack right now, I do believe this stock has got a lot of more growth in value in the coming years. I don't really have any interest in selling right now, then guessing the re-entry point for this stock

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    It also says that PieFunds is invested in Diligent instead.
    From memory, PieFunds got out of Diligent for a while, locking its gains, then had to quickly get back in again. I think Milford is heavily in DIL as well, but not XRO.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

A couple of big international buys this morning. $11.51 and $11.83.

I guess if you compared the two forecasts against the current situation you would have to argue that FB is well off the mark compared to Woodwards who seem to have been on the money with $12 albeit a few months out of synch...

Thanks Drongo. Jeez there are some bitchy commenters on that site.

$600k sold overseas already this morning. Weird price spread as well. I bet the guy who paid $11.83 is a bit cheesed.