sharetrader
Page 73 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23636970717273747576 LastLast

Thread: Burgerfuel

Quote Originally Posted by IAK View Post
    Hope they don't go under, best burgers and fries in NZ. Disclaimer never been to fergburgers.
    Even if they make the best burgers and fries that still doesn’t make them immune to the reality that they need to make a decent return. The IPO prospectus was full of hype (benchmarking themselves as having aspirations to being a world leading QSR brand) and thin on forecasts.

The governance over the years being lacklustre and lots of touting of overseas expansion: Australia (nah didn’t work), Mid East (ok for a while but not really) and then into the USA where they have drowned in a sea of mid market offerings after their onshore partner decided to do something else.

They might do okay during the recession - so long as they manage the balance between value and profitability - but for a long time their credibility around expansion prospects into other markets looks a bit like their prospectus - glossy, colourful and lacking substance.

Happy to be proved wrong but a lot of funds have been tossed at chasing rainbows to date.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    They said that over 6 months ago with zero updates. They can't even put a slideshow together on their strategy.

Overall it was a pretty grim read in my view. Limited (if any) growth in NZ, dead brand in the US and dying brand in UAE.
    Yeah I sold out years ago when the updates went from monthly, to nothing for 6 months. The US expansion was worth exploring but it was obvious LONG ago that it wasn't worth the time and effort they were dumping into it. It is extremely unfortunate that instability in the middle east was completely beyond their control but had a massive impact on the business their.
    Hope they don't go under, best burgers and fries in NZ. Disclaimer never been to fergburgers.
    Dittto. I love the food, and every store I've been to the staff are always top notch, which was why I bought shares in the first place. Just terrible upper management unfortunately.

Legend

Fergburgers are by far the best - if you can be bothered queuing for up to an hour for a burger. However, with Queenstown suffering from lack of tourists, the wait could be down a bit.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Fergburgers are by far the best - if you can be bothered queuing for up to an hour for a burger. However, with Queenstown suffering from lack of tourists, the wait could be down a bit.
    I heard under 10 minutes......

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    If you are ordering at Fergs dont wait in line, just give them a call and order on the phone, then go pick it up in about 15minutes when its ready.

Re Fergburger - with enough effort, how hard is it to make/copy a good burger - really?

The Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Rep View Post
    Even if they make the best burgers and fries that still doesn’t make them immune to the reality that they need to make a decent return. The IPO prospectus was full of hype (benchmarking themselves as having aspirations to being a world leading QSR brand) and thin on forecasts.

The governance over the years being lacklustre and lots of touting of overseas expansion: Australia (nah didn’t work), Mid East (ok for a while but not really) and then into the USA where they have drowned in a sea of mid market offerings after their onshore partner decided to do something else.

They might do okay during the recession - so long as they manage the balance between value and profitability - but for a long time their credibility around expansion prospects into other markets looks a bit like their prospectus - glossy, colourful and lacking substance.

Happy to be proved wrong but a lot of funds have been tossed at chasing rainbows to date.
    Totally agree. However, since lockdown I've been to Burgerking, Wendy's & KFC - soggy burgers, cold fries, and flat soft drinks, a waste of time and money. Even pre-Lockdown the quality of food at these big chains was inconsistent. I only eat junk food occassionally, once every couple of weeks, so when I do I want it has to be worth it. The food at Burgerfuel is always great and with my local gym membership I get free fries with every burger, so pretty good value. Just my 2 cents worth.

Entrep - maybe Burgerfuel should buy out Fergburgers (might be going cheap) and sell those too?

Disc. Not holding.

Ferg burger is average, its good but not "The Best". Orders are 5mins the last couple of weeks. I'll be skipping them when im in Qtown next week. Ferg Baker is good for morning coffee tho.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Re Fergburger - with enough effort, how hard is it to make/copy a good burger - really?
    Absolutely - it's not that hard! But also one of those things which is famous for being famous....ie a must do/haven't been to Qtown unless you've had a Ferg burger. All those people can't be wrong!

They've resisted all (geographic) expansion and gone for expand into Fergbaker, Mrs Ferg etc.

It's amazing to me that BF still only have one restaurant in the US. And it's closed. Pretty much every other restaurant is open, even if only for takeout, but not BF. Closed. Still. Drove past it again on Sunday. Still closed. A pity since I love the food and cool to have a little piece of kiwi here in the American midwest, but I can't imagine that restaurant is profitable.