sharetrader
Page 72 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576 LastLast

Thread: Burgerfuel

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    No it doesn't stop competition, but it sure makes it tough for them to even look successful.
    McDonalds in the O'Connells Centre is always busy and around dinner time, there's usually a long long queue as well except that the McDonalds efficient operating system clears the queue fairly quickly.

Seems an update on their US operations is overdue! Their half year result announcement (11/19, the only subsequent ann has been them leaving Iraq) stated, "BurgerFuel USA: Chris Mason (BurgerFuel Licensee in the USA), continues to operate the single store in Broad Ripple, Indianapolis, Indiana. We have not been advised of any proposed or further development plans for the USA." Well hello! It appears a "further development" is them joining the "ghost kitchen" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_kitchen) trend. The Kitopi company (https://www.kitopi.com) will be opening in Manhattan and Burgerfuel are one of the companies whose food they will be selling (https://www.connect.media/lee-nyc-br...houston-street.) Another black mark in this company's record of communication.
    Last edited by Rowdy Flat; 11-01-2020 at 11:28 PM.

Advanced Member

For me they failed the customer test. Do not like buying stocks where my own experience with the product is not good. Overpriced food, hardly any chips and a rude assistant on my first and only visit to a burger fuel.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    For me they failed the customer test. Do not like buying stocks where my own experience with the product is not good. Overpriced food, hardly any chips and a rude assistant on my first and only visit to a burger fuel.
    Ratkin, I wonder if you are in the 'target customer group' for Burgerfuel? I say this because I have been a Restaurant Brands shareholder for many years. Yet apart from cashing in my annual shareholder voucher I would probably average one visit per year to any of 'my' Restaurant brands outlets. This is because I just don't have many what I call 'lower end' takeaway meals. I think I had fish and chips once last year for example. So my question as a shareholder is always.

"Is the target market being satisfied?"

Rather than

"Am I satisfied?"

As far as Burger fuel goes, they have positioned themselves as a mid market offering. Yes they are more expensive than the likes of McDonalds. They are probably more expensive than your local 'burger bar' too. And probably they would give you less chips than your local burger bar. But if this is how you are judging BurgerFuel, I think you are missing the point.

Try going into a pub and ordering a burger meal and a drink. I bet you would spend more than doing the same at BurgerFuel. And I suspect the burger you bought at the pub would not have been as interesting either. IMO BurgerFuel are servicing the niche they aim to please - which is not everyone all the time - well.

I go to Burgerfuel probably two to three times per year. The quality of the burgers are IMO a cut above even the top line offerings at McDonalds and Burger King. They have usually been busy, but rudeness has never been on the menu when I was there. There is no excuse for rudeness in a customer service industry of course. So I wonder if your experience was more a 'one off' experience down to a particular employee on the day rather than something embedded in company culture?

SNOOPY

discl: not a Burgerfuel shareholder, but a satisfied customer
    Last edited by Snoopy; 12-01-2020 at 07:26 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

I believe I’m very squarely in the middle of Burgerfuels target market demographically.I am not a shareholder but I adore their burgers.

Their burgers are certainly a step above almost all others excluding ferg burger.

they are expensive, I will only buy when they email me a decent voucher for buy one get one free. When this does happen I make very good use of them.

both burgers and beers and Velvet burger do a 2 for 1 every tuesday so if burgerfuel has no good offers then fergburger would be my place of choice.

to give some comparison I live a one minute walk from burger wisconsin, their burgers are decent, not quite as good as burgerfuel but their prices are much higher, probably because of the suburb I’m in.

When I was younger I used to have mcdonalds perhaps an average of once per month but now only have it as a very last resort like in an airport. I don’t eat kfc or burgerking ever.

Geez its a tough market out there. Part of the reason I wouldn’t invest.

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

The problems here can be summed up by watching the Mcdonalds movie and the current founders are acting like the Mcdonald Brothers. Burgerfuel needs a Ray Kroc to come in with a profit making strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    The problems here can be summed up by watching the Mcdonalds movie and the current founders are acting like the Mcdonald Brothers. Burgerfuel needs a Ray Kroc to come in with a profit making strategy.
    Agreed. EPS is pathetic - profit for the last half down to $500k. Management salaries on the other hand...

I can't understand why this sits on a PE (historical) of 25?

Guru

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/355416

Prelim FY results.

Outlook ok key section - looking at all options - sale, JV, partnerships, merger etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/355416

Prelim FY results.

Outlook ok key section - looking at all options - sale, JV, partnerships, merger etc etc etc
    They said that over 6 months ago with zero updates. They can't even put a slideshow together on their strategy.

Overall it was a pretty grim read in my view. Limited (if any) growth in NZ, dead brand in the US and dying brand in UAE.

The Kid

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    They said that over 6 months ago with zero updates. They can't even put a slideshow together on their strategy.

Overall it was a pretty grim read in my view. Limited (if any) growth in NZ, dead brand in the US and dying brand in UAE.
    Hope they don't go under, best burgers and fries in NZ. Disclaimer never been to fergburgers.