sharetrader
Page 1 of 76 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Burgerfuel

Default Burgerfuel

$20m float for whose benefit.

wonder if they'll have shareholder benefits [8D]

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/3/...ectid=10439288

and it's a terrible day down here too. Perchance, could you add a feature to enable us over 30s to read text. Anything under type font size 11 is getting harder to read these days.

Wouldn't the likes of Burger King and McDonald's cranking out a line of "super premium" burgers simply destroy an unknown quantity like Burgerfuel?

I like the concept of a super premium burger, it fits well into the "mini-luxury" mold....but the name of the outfit sounds quite corny to me...but then so did Starbucks.

Advanced Member

Haven't done any research on this outfit but with the miserable performance of RBD since it floated it would have to be a pretty good story to attract my interest.

Without looking at the internal business and marketing plan one can only undertake intelligent guesses. There are numerous and, same old same old, reasons for founders floating their companies. My guess is RBD was and is overloaded at HQ with food marketing stuff, expensive infrastructure and Amercian parents who need their retirement funds. BF currently has neither but wait and see re internals. When I looked at RBD something told me to say clear. Well, they started at $2 and went south never to return - funnily that (probably a merchant bank got into the picture as in Feltex's case - I can't recall).

Further - as a guide - what's happened with Burger Winconsin and Hell's Pizza jumping the moot. All fit into ladedaemonian's "mini-luxury' idea. Now, if they were selling to the over 60s, that market will make up 25% of our population come 2020 - then I'm in.

More.. how does the felt chain stack up against competitors. I'll stop here. There's really very little to analyse. I'll wait for the prospectus if the Aussies dont' take them out before hand (are we entering the late 80s framework again. The insurance companies will shortly have bags for money looking for a home come 1st July. Far more money chasing ventures that X and Y and beyond don't have the resources to buy their over inflated product prices).

To compare Burger Fuel with Restaurant Brands in terms of quality businesses is, in my opinion, quite misguided. Burger Fuel, where I happen to dine at at least once a week is a strong and growing brand, neither Hell Pizza nor any others have filled the gap in terms of a quality yet affordable and convenient food chain. Having once looked at buying a franchise, cannot disclose figures but can tell that the stores are extremely profitable, have very high turnover with fiercely loyal clientele, and very efficient systems in place such that a monkey could be trained and the burgers would still be served on time. Some kiwis also started a similar chain in London a few years ago and flicked it off for something like 12 million pounds due to the scalability of the concept. Burger Fuel have a strong scalable brand that they have already taken abroad with pilot store in Australian Sydney. If this thing makes it to the NZX, and is priced sensibly I am in for sure. If it is lost to the Aussie's before that then well a damn shame for this country just like every other decent business we have lost. Restaurant Brands on the other hand was not much more than a mismanaged licensee for a few lard merchant brands that lost their appeal to all but a select few about a decade ago - refusing to change with the times, they figured they could stay ahead by serving up the same old rubbish, and now wonder why they turned into a toad....!

Ok. so what's difference. We're going round in circles here on educated guesses.

THERE is a Goat in every town a chance to enlarge the NZX is a good thing but for the knockers so hope burgerfuel gets floated, as for RBD holing a couple of million shares would be good thing if you could afford and there two brands KFC & Starbucks are great earners and Starbucks even has now controls over the coffee MARKET.. [8D]

BurgerFuel definitely have a strong brand in New Zealand. It will be interesting to see from the prospectus how the business model operates - what kind of franchise fees are charged etc.

I can't see McDonald's, Burger King et al competing with BurgerFuel - they sell to different markets. Even if the incumbents introduce 'premium' burgers, they are not going to be able to drop their current brand image quickly.

If the float is reasonably priced it could definitely be worth a look.