sharetrader
Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Burgerfuel

quote:

FG, if the franchise deal was good, why are you not in?
    because am more tyre kicker than genuine buyer.

quote:
    ANSEWER, because he is a GOAT.. [8D]
    BRICKHEAD, don't give up your day job.

quote:Originally posted by Flying Goat

quote:

FG, if the franchise deal was good, why are you not in?
    because am more tyre kicker than genuine buyer.

YOU are a GOAT as you tried to infer you where big time buyer only to confess to be a LOOKER.. [8D]

quote:Originally posted by CJ

The thing I dont understand about this investment is what they need the money for. My understanding of the franchise situation is that the franchisee pays for everything (shop fit out, advertising, percentage of sales), the franchisor just rakes it in (ie, all their costs are effectively paid by the shop owners - the percentage of sales should more than cover head office costs). What am I missing.

Top burgers by the way, love the Bastardo.
    What are you missing? You're missing the big picture, mate (It's a great opportunity for two guys and their advisors to pull 20 mil, that's the big picture)

Yeah 7 million more than hell

Guru

quote:Originally posted by DCski13

quote:Originally posted by CJ

The thing I dont understand about this investment is what they need the money for. My understanding of the franchise situation is that the franchisee pays for everything (shop fit out, advertising, percentage of sales), the franchisor just rakes it in (ie, all their costs are effectively paid by the shop owners - the percentage of sales should more than cover head office costs). What am I missing.

Top burgers by the way, love the Bastardo.
    What are you missing? You're missing the big picture, mate (It's a great opportunity for two guys and their advisors to pull 20 mil, that's the big picture)
    I understand that in that it is similar to 42 below, but in 42 belows case they actually needed the cash, in this case, it appears to be a simple cashing out. Since the company doesn't need the cash, it suggests they aren't sure the expansion will go as planned so they better at least get some cash out first.

Are they selling existing shares (cash goes to them) or new shares (cash goes to company - which they will no doubt take out in big salary/consultants fees)
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

[/quote]
    Are they selling existing shares (cash goes to them) or new shares (cash goes to company - which they will no doubt take out in big salary/consultants fees)
    [/quote]

Hey CJ. There's No difference! (So where did you get your degree, The Open Polytech or Otago Polytechnic?)

quote:Originally posted by DCski13
    [/quote]

Hey CJ. There's No difference! (So where did you get your degree, The Open Polytech or Otago Polytechnic?)
    [/quote]

Mr DCski you don't want to show of to MUCH these statements have a habit of back firing.. [8D]

Gee Bricks, that's the smartest thing I can recall you ever saying.

Reminds me of back when I did a few years as a lawnmowing contractor, I was having a chat with some "kid" who was studying commerce at university, I told him "...Yes, I have a commerce degree, so if you study hard enough, you too, may get to mow lawns in the future"

quote:Originally posted by kura

Gee Bricks, that's the smartest thing I can recall you ever saying.

Reminds me of back when I did a few years as a lawn mowing contractor, I was having a chat with some "kid" who was studying commerce at university, I told him "...Yes, I have a commerce degree, so if you study hard enough, you too, may get to mow lawns in the future"
    ARE you still mowing lawns or you have moved on and up interesting.. [8D]