sharetrader
Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Burgerfuel

quote:Originally posted by BRICKS

Mr DCski you don't want to show of to MUCH these statements have a habit of back firing.. [8D]

The grass is green. The sky is blue

Still do the odd lawn, but if I earn too much, the nasty people at WINZ will reduce my benefit.

quote:Originally posted by kura

Still do the odd lawn, but if I earn too much, the nasty people at WINZ will reduce my benefit.
    Thats the attitude...

Guru

quote:Originally posted by DCski13

quote:
    Are they selling existing shares (cash goes to them) or new shares (cash goes to company)
    Hey CJ. There's No difference! (So where did you get your degree, The Open Polytech or Otago Polytechnic?)
    One the cash goes to the company (company has additional cash to spend), one it goes to the shareholder (company has no additional money to spend). Is that not different.

(I bought mine over the internet - as if I am going to waste 3-5 years not getting paid)
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

I was in sydney two weeks ago they have one opening in the cross
    I don't bloody believe it

quote:Originally posted by Scuffer

SILLY little Scuffer .. [8D]

quote:Originally posted by Scuffer

Is that all you indulged in at the cross? There are a few "poorly packed kebab" places on the cross aren't there?[]

Sorry. *picks up bag and leaves*

quote:Originally posted by CJ

quote:Originally posted by DCski13

quote:
    Are they selling existing shares (cash goes to them) or new shares (cash goes to company)
    Hey CJ. There's No difference! (So where did you get your degree, The Open Polytech or Otago Polytechnic?)
    One the cash goes to the company (company has additional cash to spend), one it goes to the shareholder (company has no additional money to spend). Is that not different.

(I bought mine over the internet - as if I am going to waste 3-5 years not getting paid)
    Ok, I concede I lost the plot in explaining that one very well... guess it goes like this.(I'll go down the company line)...the company issues shares and receives the cash .... and then the cash ends up with the founders after everything else has been deducted (advertising and promotion, corporate salaries, founders remuneration and incidental HO expenses)

It was a fair enough question, a few years ago there was 2 companies having an IPO about the same time, one was merely the existing owners wanting out, the other wanted the funds to expand the bizz (I put some dollars down on the latter company that wanted to grow)

The first company was FTX, the second PPL (need I say more)

Quiet Observer

Albeit franchisees stump up a lot/all of the cash when opening a new site, opening up in new markets is an entirely different situation. In fact, franchisors can often can take years to make money in a new market. Both Subway & McD's are a case in point. Neither organisation made decent returns until they had reached a critical mass in the NZ market - no small feat.
    When opening up in a new market there is a lot of infrastructure to set up. e.g. supply chain,site construction, Head office support etc etc. Then of course there is the marketing. Getting say 3-6% advertising levy of a couple initial sites is just not going to cut the mustard as far as growing a brand in a market QUICKLY.
    Of course we are yet to see the prospectus, but based on the PR that has been released to date re BF, it seems to be clear that the owners are wanting to expand, rather than "get out" (at least for the medium term!).
    Success is a journey AND a destination!