sharetrader
Page 10 of 76 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: Burgerfuel

quote:Originally posted by Halebop

Placebo there are plenty of examples of Television advertising for an IPO - some companies take a softly "brand" approach while others just pitch the float. It's been done in NZ for quite a while – the earliest local example I can think of is Petrocorp in the 80's.
    I can just recall the Petrocorp ads on tv - was 86 or 87. I requested a prostectus, but could not apply as I was under 18.

Having seen the 'would you like shares with that?' ad, I will not be asking for a prostectus for this...
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

The burgers ARE great, and twice the price of 'normal' burgers. Maybe they're targetting the unsophisticated investor who wants to be part of the burger revolution.

Go for it Spoonman.

You might want to go catch a horse so you can
    buy more shares!

And good luck.

Easier to sell product through existing distribution channels than have to set up burger shops to sell burgers - that is a key difference.

quote:Originally posted by SpoonMan

Hah doesn't worry me if the old fogies don't get this coy. Means less scaling for me ... Hang on a minute, were you the same people that laughed off the ambitious growth plans of Frucor, who have a similar target market?
    No - it's the same people who laughed off the ambitious growth plans of Plus SMS because they just couldn't see how the company could turn a profit.

quote:Originally posted by Deev8

No - it's the same people who laughed off the ambitious growth plans of Plus SMS because they just couldn't see how the company could turn a profit.
    Cynical doubters!

Guru

quote:Originally posted by Onthemoney

Easier to sell product through existing distribution channels than have to set up burger shops to sell burgers - that is a key difference.
    But Franchisees are paying the Franchisor to set up these shops.

I have no doubt the company will do well, whether it is valued at 60m is another matter. (there is a difference but to a shareholder, only the latter matters).

Spoonman - do you have any links to interesting articles on Josef Roberts. i have been meaning to look into him for a while.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Okay what I mean is that you could have 60 stores with 60 potential variances and complexities or one production house with one potential variance and no complexity. You make the product and market it.

Too many variables in setting up a chain of manufacturing stores....

quote:Originally posted by SpoonMan

I don't get the horse thing? reference to cowboys?
    In 1 add the guy try's to catch some horses (with a fish net) to find the money to pay for his shares but only ends up mith a bleeding nose[B)].

The TV campaign is pitch to those with no experience in the NZSE, so alarm bells are sounding to me. Simple, eh?