sharetrader
Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Burgerfuel

I personally think this concept is good for NZ but not overseas. But thats just my opinion.
    This stock shines so bright that it \"Bling Blings\"

The term is something like transplanting. That is, just because it works here and you spend a week in Sydney/London checking it out don't mean it's gona work there - witness Warehouse, Telecom, AMP Henderson and Tower to name just the big players

I used to eat regularly at BF and everything about the place was light years ahead of any RBD outlet of any kind. The only reason I don't any more is that there are none this far South! this could be one of those Lynch-type successes. The concept is good and while I'm dubious about 'one in every suburb' claim there is certainly room for expansion. The question for me will be one of price.
    Felix, qui potest rerum cognoscere causas

I have a vague memory of an gourmet burger chain (I knew of 2 stores) called "Burger Wisconsin" some 20 years ago, they were a real nice burger, just a pity the one near me closed down.

Never tried BF yet.

To get traction would BF be better to buy selected brands with established reputations in selected countries, Icons that go off here don't always go off there,read the report from Hells Pizza since they opened in london, to date it's not as easy as they thought. B.W have a good solid rep.

quote:Originally posted by Flying Goat

To compare Burger Fuel with Restaurant Brands in terms of quality businesses is, in my opinion, quite misguided. Burger Fuel, where I happen to dine at at least once a week is a strong and growing brand, neither Hell Pizza nor any others have filled the gap in terms of a quality yet affordable and convenient food chain. Having once looked at buying a franchise, cannot disclose figures but can tell that the stores are extremely profitable, have very high turnover with fiercely loyal clientele, and very efficient systems in place such that a monkey could be trained and the burgers would still be served on time. Some kiwis also started a similar chain in London a few years ago and flicked it off for something like 12 million pounds due to the scalability of the concept. Burger Fuel have a strong scalable brand that they have already taken abroad with pilot store in Australian Sydney. If this thing makes it to the NZX, and is priced sensibly I am in for sure. If it is lost to the Aussie's before that then well a damn shame for this country just like every other decent business we have lost. Restaurant Brands on the other hand was not much more than a mismanaged licensee for a few lard merchant brands that lost their appeal to all but a select few about a decade ago - refusing to change with the times, they figured they could stay ahead by serving up the same old rubbish, and now wonder why they turned into a toad....!

FG, if the franchise deal was good, why are you not in?

quote:Originally posted by Paddy

quote:Originally posted by Flying Goat

To compare Burger Fuel with Restaurant Brands in terms of quality businesses is, in my opinion, quite misguided. Burger Fuel, where I happen to dine at at least once a week is a strong and growing brand, neither Hell Pizza nor any others have filled the gap in terms of a quality yet affordable and convenient food chain. Having once looked at buying a franchise, cannot disclose figures but can tell that the stores are extremely profitable, have very high turnover with fiercely loyal clientele, and very efficient systems in place such that a monkey could be trained and the burgers would still be served on time. Some kiwis also started a similar chain in London a few years ago and flicked it off for something like 12 million pounds due to the scalability of the concept. Burger Fuel have a strong scalable brand that they have already taken abroad with pilot store in Australian Sydney. If this thing makes it to the NZX, and is priced sensibly I am in for sure. If it is lost to the Aussie's before that then well a damn shame for this country just like every other decent business we have lost. Restaurant Brands on the other hand was not much more than a mismanaged licensee for a few lard merchant brands that lost their appeal to all but a select few about a decade ago - refusing to change with the times, they figured they could stay ahead by serving up the same old rubbish, and now wonder why they turned into a toad....!

FG, if the franchise deal was good, why are you not in?
    ANSEWER, because he is a GOAT.. [8D]

quote:Originally posted by etrader

To get traction would BF be better to buy selected brands with established reputations in selected countries, Icons that go off here don't always go off there,read the report from Hells Pizza since they opened in london, to date it's not as easy as they thought. B.W have a good solid rep.
    Where is the report on Hell pizza in London etrader? Cheers

Interesting typo Bricks......

Guru

The thing I dont understand about this investment is what they need the money for. My understanding of the franchise situation is that the franchisee pays for everything (shop fit out, advertising, percentage of sales), the franchisor just rakes it in (ie, all their costs are effectively paid by the shop owners - the percentage of sales should more than cover head office costs). What am I missing.

Top burgers by the way, love the Bastardo.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk