sharetrader
Page 25 of 76 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Thread: Burgerfuel

has anyone had a burger fuel burger? Yes
    and if so would you have it again? I do
    and if so would you buy shares in the company please? Maybe

At 80c? no. I think there are a lot of numbers being thrown around here stating what the company is worth, 20c seems to be a consensus of sorts. Given BFW doesn't sink I think it'll level around 40c, and given correct levels of support I'd consider buying

has anyone had a burger fuel burger? Yes
    and if so would you have it again? I do
    and if so would you buy shares in the company please? Not at anywhere near the current levels.

I compare this company to some that I am invested in privately. Risk, low liquidity and future prospects are similar but in terms of net assets per share and profit... BF is a dog burger in comparison.

Have had many BF burgers
    Loved them (and the spud fries and aioli) and bought them religiously while I lived in Hamilton (no outlet currently where I live)
    Very strongly considered buying until I saw what the price was - now not considering due to management/governance incompetence/deceit.

I don't know if the owners got this float together in this way to rip people off or because they didn't know any better. Either way they are not worthy of investment.

Now I think about it if you really believe in Burgerfuel you would probably be better to set up a franchise for yourself.

"Company chairman Peter Brook said not much could be read into the share price change because there was very little liquidity in the stock.

"There are just not the shares out there to buy. I think if you wanted to buy 30,000 or 35,000 you would be paying $1.20 per share," he said."

This is a very dumb reply to the share price fall from the Chairman who should know better. Fancy saying that the stock could go to $1.20 if someone wanted 30,000 shares when the company could not get rid of 10m shares at the IPO! Treat the market as a fool and it will treat the company as a complete idiot and unworthy of serious consideration.

Yip BFW making an inital botch up post IPO most stocks debut at a slight to large premium i think 1000 shares traded day one 1000 the next and falling in that time. I would expect to see the 2350ish investors to start bailing out. If i was a loyal customer and i got sold a lemon that hardly anyone wanted to buy into i would proably think twice about going there to keep supporting then, i'll cut my losses and move on, lets face it they're just over priced oversized burgers that cost about $1.50 to $2 to make put in a brown paper bag, the I.P of the firm is stuff all as any entrant can come in and order over sized buns and a few fancy names, a deep fryer and sell them for 1/2 the price and still coin it IMO.

Etrader you forget that most people investing in BFW would probably be small or first-time investors, and they're likely to hang on until either grim death or after many years, getting something like their original investment back. Such is the behaviour of the hoardes.

quote:Originally posted by Balance

"Company chairman Peter Brook said not much could be read into the share price change because there was very little liquidity in the stock.

"There are just not the shares out there to buy. I think if you wanted to buy 30,000 or 35,000 you would be paying $1.20 per share," he said."

This is a very dumb reply to the share price fall from the Chairman who should know better. Fancy saying that the stock could go to $1.20 if someone wanted 30,000 shares when the company could not get rid of 10m shares at the IPO! Treat the market as a fool and it will treat the company as a complete idiot and unworthy of serious consideration.
    I thought that the NZX rules prevented Directors from making statements as to what the shareprice could, should or ought to be?

etrader I respectfully disagree. Go to burger king or McD's and order one of the larger burgers and compare to BurgerFuel. You may be right about the $1.50-$2 difference, but read a bit more into it.

A) you won't feel like a bloated cow when you finish the BFW burger
    B) It's made with fresh lettuce, tomatoes, real cheese, and real mince
    C) the burger is easily $1.50-$2 bigger

quote:Originally posted by Balance

ROFL.. I was laughing so hard reading that statement. Is the chairman trying to talk up the share price and covering his butt? No wonder the IPO was a flop. There's your answer.

Advanced Member

BFW back up to $1 i wonder which of the companys owners bought this $1000 parcel poor poor shareholders. What liquidity when $1000 traded can add or take off $10 million of market cap