sharetrader
Page 35 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Burgerfuel

So there would be nothing stopping them spending half the money that they want to raise in promoting their company so they can in effect pocket the rest for their current shares ie I want to raise 30 million in an IPO of a company I value at 60 million and 100% own. I will spend a fortune promoting it and then pocket the remainder when I sell down the shares.

Buyer beware I say....

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    In fact, Dr. Who, the hog would be interested in what the two companies had in common (realistically-speaking) - can't see much myself.

Both are very high risk and should have gone through the private equity stage first before listing. Both do not make a profit and will not do so for a number of years forward. Both are way over valued at the IPO stage. Only the naive would have bought at IPO.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Advanced Member

Based on the above comments the time is almost here for me to put together my new business plan for a chain of fish and chip shops.

Who wants to be a director.
    And i'll need an accountant, lawyer, IPO manager, kitchen cooks, someone who knows about leasing property, someone to select the music for our state of the art sound systems and a whole lot of beautiful girls.

Target market for IPO. Well Burger Fuel took out the students so I'm going to aim for the beneficiaries market.

Names..... emm, what about 'Something fishy'.
    Toddy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    Both are very high risk and should have gone through the private equity stage first before listing. Both do not make a profit and will not do so for a number of years forward. Both are way over valued at the IPO stage. Only the naive would have bought at IPO.
    Both were listed on the NZX. Both are NZ companies. Both have a "brand component".

Come on - these are pretty shallow comparisons. FTB and BF are quite different. One is a brand, the other is a branded franchise. Different people. Different time.

Xero didn't go through any PE stage, is not currently making a profit and some say overvalued at IPO. Xero as a company has bugger all in common with either BF or FTB.

Also, who said that companies should go through any prescribed stages before listing anyway?

Private equity generally get involved in turnarounds, restructuring, rebranding and so-forth. If there is any "usual" path to listing it would be founders > angel investment > venture capital > listing. To suggest that high-risk businesses should go through a private equity stage before listing is demonstrating that you don't know what you're talking about.
    warthog ... muddy and smelly

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Based on the above comments the time is almost here for me to put together my new business plan for a chain of fish and chip shops.

And i'll need an accountant, lawyer, IPO manager, kitchen cooks, someone who knows about leasing property, someone to select the music for our state of the art sound systems and a whole lot of beautiful girls.

Target market for IPO. Well Burger Fuel took out the students so I'm going to aim for the beneficiaries market.

Smells Great, count me in

I wanted to open a load of cheap open all hours curry houses like they have in Bradford it would be a hit, have ya tried to get a curry in NZ after midnight,no chance they are either making too much money or Kiwis are still having their palates fire proofed, personally I moved off meat an two veg years ago I went travelling.Anyone want to back me maybe I should ring the NZX or BFW and ask them if they want to help.
    I don't bloody believe it

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scuffer View Post
    I wanted to open a load of cheap open all hours curry houses like they have in Bradford it would be a hit, have ya tried to get a curry in NZ after midnight,no chance they are either making too much money or Kiwis are still having their palates fire proofed, personally I moved off meat an two veg years ago I went travelling.Anyone want to back me maybe I should ring the NZX or BFW and ask them if they want to help.
    There is definately a market here in NZ for that now. One of the local Indians has opened up several Indian takeaways in the food courts around Tauranga and by the looks of things makes loads of cash.

I'm not too sure who you would use for the advertising though as its not really the style for second rate x All Blacks or League players. Then again, maybe Brent Todd would fit the bill..... a curry on the run.
    Toddy

Default I'd like a job Toddy

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post

Please can I just be in charge of designing the company logo , and thinking of the mission statement. I promise not to charge more than $500,000. I know I'm cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    Both are high risk = yes
    PE = No, HOG explained
    Profit = BF no, FTB could have made profit but opted for further growth.
    IPO = BF yes, FTB = no, as the shareprice almost doubled after IPO, and was subsquently a takeover which gave the shareholders at thirty something % premium to previous days close, and an annualised return of something pretty tasty aswell.

I had bought in 2 weeks before takeover...but took a long time before the monies was paid out
    By the way - it's upside_down, not upside_umop

Default The Business Herald New Year honours

THE NICKY WATSON AWARD FOR OVER-INFLATED ASSETS

Burger Fuel, which spent more than $1 million promoting a float - including a slick media campaign aimed at its customers. Its listing price of $1 valued the company at $53 million - a figure which drew a great deal of scepticism from brokers and media. Its shares closed yesterday at 58c. Would you like to downsize that order, sir?