sharetrader
Page 38 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Burgerfuel

Passed BurgerFuel New Lynn this afternoon at about 1.15pm. I would have thought a prime selling time. Plenty of traffic and people about.
    Number of customers..........0.

Ditto Lower Hutt when ever i drive past it max customers seem to be about 3 or nil.Must try one someday.

I think their main selling time is dinner time til after pub and club closing time,so you are probably seeing them at their quietest time.

Have had them numerous times and the burgers are real good,go for the bastard burger with wedges yum. Pricey but worth it,considering what you would pay in a restaurant for a full meal,these fill you up,and if you don't believe me try going through two burgers.

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    I think their main selling time is dinner time til after pub and club closing time,so you are probably seeing them at their quietest time.
    I'm not a shareholder -who is?- but if you were you'd like to think they could extend their selling period over the day. Overheads, staff costs are still there, but with little/no turnover.
    I don't think you have to be Gordon Ramsay to see the problem.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Grimy View Post
    I'm not a shareholder -who is?- but if you were you'd like to think they could extend their selling period over the day. Overheads, staff costs are still there, but with little/no turnover.
    I don't think you have to be Gordon Ramsay to see the problem.
    It's a niche market,the punters whom buy their products would be employed,not housewives,(not that housewives aren't employed)but I suppose they must pick up enough trade over the quiet period to justify being open,or I guess they wouldn't be.

But yes the ideal would be to have a more even flow of customers through the day.

Not a shareholder,as they would have to be the Michael Hill of fast food for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    It's a niche market,the punters whom buy their products would be employed,not housewives,(not that housewives aren't employed)but I suppose they must pick up enough trade over the quiet period to justify being open,or I guess they wouldn't be.

But yes the ideal would be to have a more even flow of customers through the day.

Not a shareholder,as they would have to be the Michael Hill of fast food for that to happen.
    Burger Fuel seems to be an attempt to cater for the younger market, instead of say Burger Wisconsin, whose target market is more the family orientated/gourmet burger range.

I wonder how the new McDonald's "make fresh" campaign is hurting them?

I also see Burger King has a new range of cheaper burgers/combos.

Burger Fuel was a good idea, although IMO not a sound business one.

Perhaps the owners saw the Hell's Pizza franchises sold off to a bigger competitor & hoped for the same?

Am waiting for the rights issue @ 25c (with free burger voucher )

Disc: Never touched BFW

Guru

World Domination here they come.........................

BurgerFuel signs deal to enter Dubai
    New 5:58PM Monday May 05, 2008

Fast food company BurgerFuel has signed a deal expanding its franchise into Dubai.

It is the first master franchise agreement signed by BurgerFuel Worldwide, and will see the company's gourmet burgers on sale in the Arab Emirates state before the end of the year.

The company says it chose Dubai for its first store outside Australasia because of the city's rapid economic development and high profile.

The first BurgerFuel store will open in Dubai's 1,300-acre Festival City, one of the region's top retail destinations.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/3/...ectid=10508075

good on them for giving it a go. I was one of the first to slag this company and i will be one of the first if they can turn this lemon into an international successful fast food outlet

Quote Originally Posted by Nita View Post
    good on them for giving it a go. I was one of the first to slag this company and i will be one of the first if they can turn this lemon into an international successful fast food outlet
    I agree Nita, I would love to see em make me eat my words and will do so as long as I can put em in a toasted bun

How much cash do they have left in the accounts? Wont be cheap going global. Not many NZ firms can make it globally without burning cash like wild fire. One would have thought they would concentrate on putting together a good foundation in NZ and Aussie before venturing off into the woods.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.