sharetrader
Page 47 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Burgerfuel

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Just remember the Subway boys bought their shares @ $1.40 and we only saw a huge rise on illiquid volume because of the growth stock run in Feb! I predict slow decline on low volume for the rest of the year
    Agree - one proviso would be if they announce a US store, especially if co-located with a subway. Given the illiquid nature, it would surely jump in expectation that a larger roll out is imminent.

IMO

Jeez re 256,000 fast food stores in the USA. Good luck to BF. Great point of diff is the healthier lower fat food choices with great tasting vege burgers too. Im even prepared to eat their frys.

You REALLY need to come to auckland moosie.. they are FAR from best in class. Gourmet burgers seems to be taking over from mexican as the new 'in' food up here, and I for one welcome our new burger overlords

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by clip View Post
    You REALLY need to come to auckland moosie.. they are FAR from best in class. Gourmet burgers seems to be taking over from mexican as the new 'in' food up here, and I for one welcome our new burger overlords
    out of interest who is your favourite?

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    out of interest who is your favourite?
    Big J's is in my opinion the best in auckland - they've been voted best in auckland by Concrete Playground (my friend writes for them) and another award too. They do a different burger of the week each week, here's some of the better ones from the past..
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...53694127_n.jpg
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...49608152_n.jpg
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...73418328_n.jpg

They might be a little smaller than burger fuel but still leave you feeling full, and at around $10 for a burger is better value for money imo.

I've been hearing great things about burger burger in ponsonby also http://burgerburger.co.nz/
    Aside from these more specialty/gourmet ones, in terms of more chain style a la burgerfuel I would take Handmade Burgers in kingsland, Murder Burger in ponsonby and Burger Wisconsin over burger fuel any day.

I don't mean to say burger fuel are bad by any means, they make a good burger but in terms of quality/price/freshness, I don't think they deserve the hype they get without having tried some of the other options!

Lots of good mexican up here also.. mexico would be my go-to for cheap, fast mexican - awesome in a group as you can get a bunch of dishes for sharing/try a whole lot of things without spending too much - good mojitos too! but there's heaps of other good places also
    Last edited by clip; 12-05-2014 at 07:13 PM.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Burger Fuel in the Dalma Mall was full to bursting on Saturday afternoon.

I don't think that NZ is going to be where they make their money . . .

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Big J's sounds like Bob's Burgers. If they do witty names for their burgers like the show then I'm sold!
    props for a fellow BB watcher! Some of the past ones have been called The Tough Mudder (on the week of tough mudder), the Flying Dutchman (dutch spiced salami), The Steak Stack, The Rocket Man, The Just Peachy...not quiiite as creative!

hahaha the chard episodes were so good.

Sorry, last off-topic post from me about burgers I swear :P, I mentioned the concrete playground reviews - my friend has done another burger writeup last week
    http://auckland.concreteplayground.c...types=og.likes

Given the imminent IPO for Shake Shack (as detailed here: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...valuation.html) expected to price the company at 50 times earnings, and other similar companies listed in the article trading at about 60 times earnings, what is the current outlook for BurgerFuel? Admittedly, Burger Fuel currently has a P/E of about 320 but that should (hopefully) fall to something much more reasonable with their next profit announcement.

Burger Fuel are working on a plan for world domination but what are the chances of them succeeding? The article highlights a lot of competition around the world in the same space (with Shake Shack being a player in Abu Dhabi just like Burger Fuel).

I like where they are going but the SP seems to be rather over-priced for where they are now but potentially significantly under-priced if their plan for world domination has any legs.

Comments?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    I like where they are going but the SP seems to be rather over-priced for where they are now but potentially significantly under-priced if their plan for world domination has any legs.
    Agree

The only way to grow is to open more stores. Simple as that.

Edit: note it is still very illiquid with Roberts owning over 70%. Even if the Subways guys do increase their shareholding, liquidity wont increase as then it will just be tied up between more big holders.
    Last edited by Harvey Specter; 09-09-2014 at 11:19 AM.