sharetrader
Page 48 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: Burgerfuel

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Every time I open this thread my mouth starts to water ... And I always seem to be within shouting distance of BF ....

I must not open this thread on an empty stomach!
    Did you know you can buy on line now (for instore pick up).

Tried it over the weekend - it worked a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    Given the imminent IPO for Shake Shack (as detailed here: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...valuation.html) expected to price the company at 50 times earnings, and other similar companies listed in the article trading at about 60 times earnings, what is the current outlook for BurgerFuel? Admittedly, Burger Fuel currently has a P/E of about 320 but that should (hopefully) fall to something much more reasonable with their next profit announcement.

Burger Fuel are working on a plan for world domination but what are the chances of them succeeding? The article highlights a lot of competition around the world in the same space (with Shake Shack being a player in Abu Dhabi just like Burger Fuel).

I like where they are going but the SP seems to be rather over-priced for where they are now but potentially significantly under-priced if their plan for world domination has any legs.

Comments?
    Have tried burgerfuel, in and out, johnny rockets, shake shack and etc, shake shack takes the trophy for me...

I don't see burgerfuel cracking it in the states that easy. Burgerfuel has done quite well in middle eastern countries because it is halal, whereas, all the other burger chains are not. The competitor advantage burgerfuel has over other burger chains in middle eastern countries.

Burgerfuel is not bad, but I would put johnny rockets, and a few other ahead of burgerfuel, however, a lot of my gf's flight attendant friends who have travelled to NZ have loved burgerfuel too, but still prefer shake shack over it.
    Last edited by baller18; 09-09-2014 at 02:05 PM.

El Toro~

Quote Originally Posted by baller18 View Post
    Have tried burgerfuel, in and out, johnny rockets, shake shack and etc, shake shack takes the trophy for me...

I don't see burgerfuel cracking it in the states that easy. Burgerfuel has done quite well in middle eastern countries because it is halal, whereas, all the other burger chains are not. The competitor advantage burgerfuel has over other burger chains in middle eastern countries.

Burgerfuel is not bad, but I would put johnny rockets, and a few other ahead of burgerfuel, however, a lot of my gf's flight attendant friends who have travelled to NZ have loved burgerfuel too, but still prefer shake shack over it.
    Hit the nail on the head, Bfuel is great but compared to some states burger joints is just simply another takeaway outfit. For me its very up there for NZ standards though

Update from Burger Fuel

BurgerFuel Worldwide (BFW) has announced plans to open five more franchised restaurants in Australia, anticipating that these will open prior to 31 March 2015. The company has confirmed that new locations have been secured in Sydney, the Gold Coast and Brisbane, with additional sites currently under consideration. All restaurants will be operated under franchise by either new or existing BurgerFuel franchisees.The news closely follows the opening of the most recent BurgerFuel restaurant in Australia, located in Western Sydney’s Blacktown complex, which has performed exceptionally well in its first month of trade.
    General Manager of BurgerFuel Australasia, Craig Notman, comments, “It’s great to see BurgerFuel Blacktown going so well - results like this show us that there is keen demand in the Australian market for BurgerFuel. We’re thrilled to have secured some fantastic sites in such busy, dynamic locations”.
    BurgerFuel Group CEO, Josef Roberts, adds, “Although our biggest project is the upcoming expansion into the US, our Australasian project team is focusing heavily on the Australian market, where we see lots of opportunity for BurgerFuel”.
    “We’ve always said that finding the right operators is integral to our success, and our Subway relationship has been instrumental in connecting us with great franchisees who share the BurgerFuel vision. We’re looking forward to developing a sizeable footprint throughout Australia over the coming years”.
    BurgerFuel Worldwide has said that they expect to release updated details on the timing of its US entry soon.

BurgerFuel Worldwide (BFW) is a New Zealand gourmet burger concept and is listed on the New Zealand Stock Exchange (NZAX). BurgerFuel shares are currently trading at $2.85.

They tried Aussie before what's different this time?

Very crowded market. If they get a nice piece of real estate I suggest having 1 store to see how it goes. Not going to be easy.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    They tried Aussie before what's different this time?

Very crowded market. If they get a nice piece of real estate I suggest having 1 store to see how it goes. Not going to be easy.
    They hav had one store for a while, and have just openned another which is apparently going very well.

You also have to remember that these are franchises so the risk falls on the franchisee. The Franchisor continues to earn their 10% of sales, plus mark up on stock not sourced externally (ie. the sauses are from BurgerFuel HQ) even if the store makes a loss.

Burger Fuel has had a nice increase in share price. It recently announced they will be soon releasing details for entry into US market

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Everwood View Post
    Burger Fuel has had a nice increase in share price. It recently announced they will be soon releasing details for entry into US market
    Better be pretty darn good. 2/3rds the mCao of RBD with 1/10th the revenue (not to even mention the EBITDA...) and PE of 400+!

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Better be pretty darn good. 2/3rds the mCao of RBD with 1/10th the revenue (not to even mention the EBITDA...) and PE of 400+!
    I'm not sure that RBD is a good comparison.

RBD is a licensed/franchised reseller of someone elses brand, whilst BFW is a brand which is licensed/franchised to someone else.

They seem to be going in opposite directions, if you catch my drift.

Possibly a better comparison would be ATM or PEB - taking NZ IP to the world ! ! ? ! ?
    Last edited by GTM 3442; 03-11-2014 at 11:25 PM.