sharetrader
Page 49 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: Burgerfuel

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Better be pretty darn good. 2/3rds the mCao of RBD with 1/10th the revenue (not to even mention the EBITDA...) and PE of 400+!
    The share price is getting ahead of itself, but I agree with GTM 3442 it is not good comparison between Restaurant Brands and Burger Fuel. I see Burger Fuel being a good dividend stock in about 3 to 5 years. I bought into the stock back in 2010 and believe it does a great future, but execution of their plans has taken longer than I expected.

Guru

Things are on the up. At least 4 stores in the process in the SI. A handful of franchises signed up for Australia (some multiple). But the only get 6% of sales (plus 5% for advertising) so this alone doesn't justify the shareprice and are all things they should have done a couple of years ago.

The price suggests good news out of US but volumes so low that it is probably uneducated guessing. US will be hard (ice to Eskimos situation).

Guru

Not new competition but a new owner will surely try to grow them a bit : http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...rger-wisconsin

Will also get headoffice/buying synergy's from the combination of two brands.

I remember them from before BurgerFuel times and thought their burgers had better flavour. my local has since disappears so it would be 10 years since I have had one and BurgerFuel has definitely improved since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Not new competition but a new owner will surely try to grow them a bit : http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...rger-wisconsin

Will also get headoffice/buying synergy's from the combination of two brands.

I remember them from before BurgerFuel times and thought their burgers had better flavour. my local has since disappears so it would be 10 years since I have had one and BurgerFuel has definitely improved since then.
    Most of the Burger Wisconsin stores don't open until 5pm. I don't see them as a threat to Burger Fuel.

Guru

That's easy to change. Mexicali open for lunch.

How does the taste, quality, price, atmosphere compare?

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Burger Fuel's future lies in the international arena, mainly the Middle East at the moment. New Zealand competition is essentially irrelevant.

And the overseas market is big enough to swallow either of them.

Shake Shack, anyone?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    And the overseas market is big enough to swallow either of them.

Shake Shack, anyone?
    Planning to take them on in the Middle East apparently.

Still no word of entry into the US market

Burger Wisconsin is no competition whatsoever. I personally rate their burgers as crap. Burger Fuel make excellent burgers.

Don't hold either company/no interests. Just like to think I know a good burger.

The middle east doesn't strike me as the smartest of stable areas to invest my hard earned cash in. Maybe northern africa may prove more enduring ?
    -dodgy

Discl: No current holding

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dodgy View Post
    The middle east doesn't strike me as the smartest of stable areas to invest my hard earned cash in. Maybe northern africa may prove more enduring ?
    -dodgy

Discl: No current holding
    They are going via master Franchisee's so the investment there is in time up front, not cash/fixed assets. And the parts of the middle east they are entering (mainly) are the stable parts - UAE etc.