sharetrader
Page 56 of 76 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Thread: Burgerfuel

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    If anyone wants to see how burgers are sold, it's almost worth a trip to Fergburger in Queenstown. Permanent queue, not just in the street but up the street. It's an amazing operation.
    Apparently they have openned up in Auckland now. Anyone report how they are doing up there?

Permanent queues out the door suggests they aren't catering to the clients needs and are just trading off their reputation. Having said that, they have been doing it for years (decades?) so that reputation must be good. Personally I dont think i would queue for a burger.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Apparently they have openned up in Auckland now. Anyone report how they are doing up there?

Permanent queues out the door suggests they aren't catering to the clients needs and are just trading off their reputation. Having said that, they have been doing it for years (decades?) so that reputation must be good. Personally I dont think i would queue for a burger.
    Ah - but you might in Queenstown. It's a ritual for visitors. Sort of like going to New York and forgetting to climb the statue of liberty - you just do it.
    Even I have queued for half an hour. They come out and tell you how long you will be waiting, and they're right down to the minute. 'You will reach the counter in 28 minutes and will receive your order 20 mins after placing order' sort of thing. Amazing. I can't see it working in Auckland although the burgers are brilliant. It's a Queenstown thing. Everyone on holiday and in a strange way it's fun. Loads of good humour in the queue.

Guru

IMHO The bottom has been reached , big seller has gone , back up towards $ 3.00 now.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    IMHO The bottom has been reached , big seller has gone , back up towards $ 3.00 now.
    I'll go and get some and sell them to you for $2.50.

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Default How so?

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    I hadn't noticed a 'big seller' - the volume has been the usual piddling amount, or is your comment on their girth - too many burgers perhaps?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    I hadn't noticed a 'big seller' - the volume has been the usual piddling amount, or is your comment on their girth - too many burgers perhaps?
    Don't frighten him - I want my $2.50

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

So who would be interested in Fergburger(?) were they to float?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11610883

"A BurgerFuel spokeswoman said the US entry had been complex for reasons outside the firm's control.

The regulatory aspects of operating both a franchised, retail food business, and a business of foreign origin in the USA are considerable and vary from state to state," she said. "It's important that we understand this market as much as possible before we make any moves."

Hmmm, maybe then it was not so clever making grandiose announcements before they've had time to "understand this {the US} market." The worry is the cash burn on this dithering. No positive news either on the Aussie front. Communication to SH are not looking like a strong point.

Regards sp - there's more than one way to look at that in regards the illiquidity of their register...

I'm still betting on them having to CR - before the sp dissipates further?
    Last edited by Hectorplains; 25-03-2016 at 02:05 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    turnover in all NZ stores is going great. It's funny you meantion Chch as the first store is absolutely smashing it that the franchisees haves opened two more. I don't think they are outside CHCH in the south Island yet so plenty of potential for new store growth - I think a timura store is just waiting on the building to be complete.
    Christchurch has three stores, only two are owned by the same franchisee. Yes, the original Chch franchisees have opened a second one but it is a much smaller shop. Franchisees owning multiple stores also could be seen to contradict BF's stated franchise model - owner/operator. Timaru appears to be someway off from opening but who'd know - the company has a policy of not commenting on new stores until they are open - this unexplained stance fits with their generally weak communication.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    Christchurch has three stores, only two are owned by the same franchisee.
    I always get confused when I take the Delorean for a drive - must stop speeding. The fourth chch store will open soon and is owned by the guys that own 2 already. I think it will be open before the Timaru one. A lot of the franchisees own more than 1 store.