sharetrader
Page 59 of 76 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Thread: Burgerfuel

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    When comparing burgers with burgers and price with price, there isnt much better than BF out there, in NZ that is.

Burger Burger or Better Burger are far better. Although they only have one or two stores each.

There are plenty of places better than Burger Fuel. Which is why they have no traction in Australia.
    Last edited by Grunter; 14-05-2016 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunter View Post

Burger Burger or Better Burger are far better. Although they only have one or two stores each.

There are plenty of places better than Burger Fuel. Which is why they have no traction in Australia.
    Fergburger, Better Burger, Burger Burger, Murder Burger et al - you can make better, tastier people products with expensive ingredients - the super hard nut to crack is taking your concept, transplanting it somewhere else and making a decent amount of money to justify the investment.

The whole basis of QSR is to make a consistent product on an industrial scale with the economies of scale and price it to sell in quantities large enough that the volume makes you money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rep View Post
    Fergburger, Better Burger, Burger Burger, Murder Burger et al - you can make better, tastier people products with expensive ingredients - the super hard nut to crack is taking your concept, transplanting it somewhere else and making a decent amount of money to justify the investment.

The whole basis of QSR is to make a consistent product on an industrial scale with the economies of scale and price it to sell in quantities large enough that the volume makes you money.
    But why would I fork out $20 on Burger Fuel when I can get a nicer, tastier burger elsewhere? Just because there are lots of Burger Fuels around, that does not mean I will choose Burger Fuel over a unique local offering?

I'd also rather not sit in a Burger Fuel for 45 minutes on a Friday night waiting for a cold burger and cold soggy fries. The issue with Burger Fuel is that their concept cannot replicate quality at peak periods, nor deliver the 10 minutes max order time they need to be. And that experience is why customers would seek an alternative offering.

But why would I fork out $20 on Burger Fuel when I can get a nicer, tastier burger elsewhere? Just because there are lots of Burger Fuels around, that does not mean I will choose Burger Fuel over a unique local offering?

I'd also rather not sit in a Burger Fuel for 45 minutes on a Friday night waiting for a cold burger and cold soggy fries. The issue with Burger Fuel is that their concept cannot replicate quality at peak periods, nor deliver the 10 minutes max order time they need to be. And that experience is why customers would seek an alternative offering.
    I'm not disagreeing with you Grunter. There's previous comments about how 'other' burgers are better than BF's and some will be. The hardest trick with QSR is consistency and experience - if you can't get these when you want them then you will vote with your feet and go elsewhere. There is so much choice that to hold a market position you have to at least be able to meet what the market provides or better it for the price point you sell at - one lousy experience will probably mean you won't try again for some time - the point is that lots of outlets make better burgers but doing consistently across multiple locations is a very, very hard thing to do.

Guru

The funny thing is you are all talking about better burgers, yet McD and the King outsell all the others which disproves your point and supports Rep's point about consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    The funny thing is you are all talking about better burgers, yet McD and the King outsell all the others which disproves your point and supports Rep's point about consistency.
    Price point is a bit of a factor too I think

Guru

Price point is a bit of a factor too I think
    Have you tried one of those custom made McD burgers. Made BF look cheap though I did go all out.

comparison wise, you do need to be comparing the McD angus range or the double whoppers from the King.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Fergburger, Queenstown is NZ's best.
    Correct. Closely followed by Velvet Burger, Dunedin

The rumour mill is working overtime with these guys. I have heard from several people that the USA expansion has been put on hold indefinitely.

Management need to inform the shareholders of the situation (especially since we have long surpassed the expected late 2015 introduction without any clearer idea of the situation). In these instances both current and potential shareholders will be assuming no news = bad news, hence the continuous SP slide. Better to know the bad news from the horses mouth rather than people having to find out via second hand gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    I think that has a lot to do with floor space as well. B/Fuel always seem to lack seating space, so if there are a few of you eating out its easier to go to one of the other big 4 and get a seat. Love their burgers but hate eating standing up or crowded into a corner.
    Disc: Not holding, but have traded a few times and made a $ or 2.
    Last edited by In4a$; 17-05-2016 at 01:28 PM.