sharetrader
Page 69 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: Burgerfuel

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Second US store to open April in Indianapolis - south of Broad Ripple.

Wow, this share price sure has taken a beating. I hope that their ventures overseas go well. Keep those loyal customers loyal and don't be to stingy on the portion sizes. Love me a good burger

I guess it's been 10 years, no dividends and very little profit growth.

They are always talking about expansion but how long till they start delivering profits? It would of been better for shareholders if they just focussed on NZ and reduced the size of their business.

Guru

One has to wonder do the " need " that flash head office with all of the " fancy " overheads !!

Wow, BFW closed yesterday at 94 cents, the lowest it's ever traded. There doesn't appear to be many queued bids to push it up on today's open.

It seems a bit surprising that there hasn't been an official investor media release since 14th July - surely they'd at least want to brag about the performance of their new overseas stores?

Quote Originally Posted by bartholemew View Post
    It seems a bit surprising that there hasn't been an official investor media release since 14th July - surely they'd at least want to brag about the performance of their new overseas stores?
    Not really much surprise. Up until the end of 2015 there was an announcement typically every month. After that, nothing. There was an occasional 'announcement' of no substance and I don't think it's coincidence the end of 2015 coincided with the start of the slide. Going without any news for upwards of 6 months it just seems that they were pushing too hard to try and force America to happen, and neglecting all else. Perhaps they didn't have enough/the right people in place to be able to focus everything on one area (which like you say doesn't appear to be going to well or we would've heard about it).

Not a great result really, but at least a return to profit (albeit 60k).

The USA had a good start but has seen softening sales. The Middle East remains politically and economically difficult and Australia continues to be a very poor performer for the group. BFW NZ is really the only thing holding the ship together.

By the sounds of the announcement the Board may not continue with the US expansion. There's notes in the report about the costs of entry and time to build scale. They are also talking about diversification in New Zealand which makes me think they are looking at their global strategy.

Personally I think they need to make some hard calls and focus on where they are strong in New Zealand. They might need to lesson their global ambition. Its the only way I can see them having a successful future.

Guru

Once again the need to open @ Queenstown, Dunedin and maybe Wanaka !! but definitely Queenstown, N Z # 1 tourist spot, no brainer imo.

Buying 1 store in Hamilton is buying a brand...could they not have just created a gourmet chicken brand themselves?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bucko View Post
    Buying 1 store in Hamilton is buying a brand...could they not have just created a gourmet chicken brand themselves?
    Probably, but this might be a very cheap entrance to that market with some IP behind it.