sharetrader
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

quote:Originally posted by Skol

Up another 10c today. What ARE you guys doing to the share price?
    This thread gets started and the share price has its two best days (in a row) that I've noticed since I bought in a few months back.

Keep posting, keep posting.

Its all good[8D]

RCR could be a nice little bolt on aquisition for someone like Leightons or it could be too small for them??

Banned

Cashed out of RCR at 2.16 on Friday. Think a correction could be due on this one since it's spiked up so fast, as has the whole market. Now 40% cash.

Share Collector

A leak at the printers with Smart Investor? I recall a couple of occasions where shares ticked up slightly in the day or two prior to an SI recommendation hitting the stands.

I believe AFR SmartInvestor subscribers often receive their copy a day or two before it hits the stands.

In the seven or so months since anyone has posted on RCR, the share price went all the way up to around $2.90, and back down to close at $2.30 on Friday.

Management is expecting significant growth in 2008. Huntley's has them earning a touch over 24cps, and I understand ABNAmro Morgan's is estimating around 25cps (unconfirmed), so based on such estimates, we are looking at a forward p/e of less than 10 at the current share price.

Historic Ave Annual Shareholder Returns are:

1 year 22.3%
    3 years 55.6%
    5 years 58.4%
    10 years 21.3%

Seems pretty cheaply priced to me.....lets hope they can steer clear of trouble, unlike industry counterparts like Boom, Bradken etc.

Bought a parcel last week.
    Last edited by Huang Chung; 17-12-2007 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Carnt Spel

These guys have underperformed for the last couple of years in boom conditions. They announced disappointing results for FY 07 but mixed it in with a highly EPS accretive acquisition.

The recent annoucement stated that the acquisition will be delayed, and that their first half earnings will not be strong.

If you're looking to play this macro-economic theme, you're better off in FGE or ZGL in my books.

In the interest of disclosure, I mulled over what '87 said, and sold my RCR holdings for a small loss. Redeployed funds back into PDZ and VML, both of which, like just about everything else, took a hit today.

With the sale of my last holdings in EQX and HTI, I'm now just riding PDZ and VML.

A large brokerage in Chch recommending this one. I bought in at 1.95

Not at all. Just thought someone might have been interested. Thought that was what this forum was all about. Guess I got that wrong....