sharetrader
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Well I bought back into RCR today, no particular reason, (other than being a lot cheaper than a month or so ago)
    The result released yesterday wasn't overly impressive.

Director just bought $500,000's worth...seems like a huge vote of confidence to me!

Quote Originally Posted by leonchai View Post
    Director just bought $500,000's worth...seems like a huge vote of confidence to me!
    Actually it was 500,000 shares (approx $600,000)

When it comes to directors buying, I ignore many of the smaller purchases, as I figure anything under $10,000 will be "pocket money" for most of those guys. However the size of this purchase does make you sit up and take notice.

Looks like your not the only one that took notice, was a healthy rise today.

Advanced Member

I also have convinced myself that there's a bit of mispricing here, and have taken a bit of a stake.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoSteph View Post
    ... any idea on why it's being punished so?
    I got one reason. Other than resources stocks, every frickin stocks are being punished.

I'm back in at $1.09. Sold my last lot at $2.40 so it was a good trade.

I still like the company and its prospects and the fact a director was recently buying in.

Hunter Hall will have to watch out though, I think those guys are up to about 16% so can only really buy 3.9% more.

I has been punished unfairly I think - Only time will tell...:P

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mothman View Post
    I'm back in at $1.09. Sold my last lot at $2.40 so it was a good trade.

I still like the company and its prospects and the fact a director was recently buying in.

Hunter Hall will have to watch out though, I think those guys are up to about 16% so can only really buy 3.9% more.

I has been punished unfairly I think - Only time will tell...:P
    I also bought a few recently. Can't see any valid reason for them to have taken such a hammering. As we have often been reminded, investments in the firms who service the miners are often a better bet than the miners themselves. RCR also has ongoing work in the general infrastructure area, plenty of orders up ahead, and principals who seem to be happy to take the opportunity to put their own money on the line.
    Seems to have slipped below the radar for many.
    Bought some BOL as well, and am a little bit up already.
    Last edited by COLIN; 31-03-2008 at 08:25 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by COLIN View Post
    I also bought a few recently. Can't see any valid reason for them to have taken such a hammering. As we have often been reminded, investments in the firms who service the miners are often a better bet than the miners themselves. RCR also has ongoing work in the general infrastructure area, plenty of orders up ahead, and principals who seem to be happy to take the opportunity to put their own money on the line.
    Seems to have slipped below the radar for many.
    Bought some BOL as well, and am a little bit up already.
    Looks like the fall in RCR today is offsetting your gain in BOL. All off course unless you sold RCR at $1.23 odd a few weeks ago.

Everything is long-term and unless RCR has another downgrade, they should be OK. Although, I think RCR is due for another slide tomorrow, albeit a smaller one than today.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by soulman View Post
    Looks like the fall in RCR today is offsetting your gain in BOL. All off course unless you sold RCR at $1.23 odd a few weeks ago.

Everything is long-term and unless RCR has another downgrade, they should be OK. Although, I think RCR is due for another slide tomorrow, albeit a smaller one than today.
    I'm afraid you're right! I still hold both, but for relatively modest amounts. It usually takes the market a long time to regain confidence after earnings downgrades but I still believe RCR has sound fundamentals - and now is certainly not the time to bail out.
    I suppose the TA experts will tell me they would have bailed some time ago, and would still be waiting for entry trigger points.