sharetrader
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Where and what time please, yehI have the day off!
    Your candle loses nothing when it lights another." (John Maxwell)
    Risk comes from not knowing what you are doing - The Tao of Warren Buffett

Default 4pm Today..... 99 Puriri Street.....

Hey no cash...
    Yes for the first question...
    No for second...

.^sc
    Nakamoto means of Central origin ...

slow learner

Quote Originally Posted by Serpie View Post
    Good morning all National Convention attendees.

1 more sleep until the Convention.

With around 20 optimistic and upbeat traders about to descend on Bermuda's place it is time to sort out a few details. Shrewdy is kindly donating a keg of Mangatainoka's best, but we should all obviously bring something along to drink and nibble on, especially if we're going to overstay our welcome and watch the mighty Crusaders.

So whether it's a bottle of Verve and a packet of pork scratchings, or lemonade and a roast chicken, please don't come empty handed.

Special exceptions made for our out of town guests of course, although perhaps Rotty could bring some of those little sachets of coffee and sugar and a packet of mixed nuts from the motel?
    I will try and round up a Highlanders special, Spieghts and Bluff oysters (with a Spieghts beer batter for the BBQ of course!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Financially dependant View Post
    I will try and round up a Highlanders special, Spieghts and Bluff oysters (with a Spieghts beer batter for the BBQ of course!
    Hey guys, the barrel of Tui has arrived!!!
    So you dont need to bring any grog. I will donate the wine.
    Highlander supporters will be allowed to drink speights but only if you bring it. Let's get stuck into the barrel of freshly brewed Tui.
    I suppose I had better go out onto the porch and try it.

See you soon.

Hi Guys.

I will be there in an hour or so with a bottle if wine.

Sorry about the late reply

Guru

I hope there were a few Highlanders supporters in attendence..........

Smile Top night, Top people,Top host!

What can I say, Bermuda you certainly set the benchmark for hospitality and venue!
    A great nite, prawns, scallops, and those scrumptious Peter Timbs steaks. Not to forget the wine and Tuis keg beer. thought you were joking and bought my own red wine. Be around tomorrow to helpout with the TUIS mate!

Of course the other ingredient that makes such an event, the people of all ages and expertise eagre to trade and share tips and info.
    Great to see young guys from Auckland, who considered the ChCh National convention to be the main event! Also Nelsons Rotti and the Tricha bloke from the Coast who longs to be in Nelson.

Nice books there also to borrow and read,One of which I have loaned before Upsidmop.
    An interesting 'Twilight in the desert', which I'll get my wife to speed read and precis to me.
    The other from a coaster lad was I think 'A 1000 Barrels a second'
    an interesting work on the enegy scene thoughout the ages. looks like a must read also

Thanks to Airdale for his notebook of tips ;-) I'll enjoy TA critiquing them.
    Nice to have learnt a few of my friends have done well on the oilers over the last year since meeting, while I have been busy focussing on property.

Never did get to give a pick, to was it Shrewdy going around wanting them for a bet?
    All in all a great night out well worth the effort of braving a cold night away from the fireside. Arrived home wifey tucked up in bed 1/2 asleep. MMM should've gone out on the town and painted it red.
    Well maybe next time when Its my turn for the right picks ;-)
    The Bear
    Last edited by KiwiBear; 18-05-2008 at 12:25 AM.
    Your candle loses nothing when it lights another." (John Maxwell)
    Risk comes from not knowing what you are doing - The Tao of Warren Buffett

Hey guys,

What a great night, thanks Bermuda for hosting the event.. Thanks to Oiler, Rottweiler, Serpie (Bermuda of course) and co for imparting some of their wisdom. Was good to see heaps of younger guys turn up too: Shrewdie, Skeet, Upside, Tim, Mystery Box and... Was good to catch up, wish I could have stayed longer than a couple of hours!

Next time I'll be last to leave

Top notch evening Bermuda, thank you everyone for the warm welcome and interesting discussions. Was great to put a face to a name will definitely be at the next one. I'm the one holding '1000 barrels a second' book, if anyones real keen on it i could drop it round when im finished. Thanks again for a great evening!!

slow learner

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    I hope there were a few Highlanders supporters in attendence..........
    Just the one, the conversation turned back to shares in the second half!

It was a great night, thanks to Bermuda (& Mrs B), Shrewdy and Serpie for going out of there way to organize such a great event.