sharetrader
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Default turn out 21 people...

Nat C main event success...
    Picked up the keg this morning and Saw Bermuda on the couch studying up on CSG...... what a surprise...
    what about last night when Bermuda was on the floor on his knees studying Plungers Map of Australia...?
    got 2.5litres from the keg left over...im pretty toasted today, got home at 5am...
    Im looking forward to the next event...
    I will get in touch with Oiler shortly about organising a main event...
    all is in motion...
    cheers all...

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Default Humdinger

Great night. Good turnout and lots of new faces. Special mention to those that came from out of town - Oiler, Mattyroo, Rotty, Tricha and Mysterybox.

Thanks to Bermuda and his family for hosting us, to Shrewdy for the keg, and to everyone else for the food, drink, conversation and entertainment.

I'll do up a PM with all of the picks for the quarterly tipping comp and send it out to everyone. I've got picks for Airedale, Plunger, Matty, Oiler, Upsideumop, Lion, GoFish, Rotty, Financially Dependent, Mysterybox, Bermuda, Skeet, JVL19 and myself of course.

Can any of the other attendees who want to throw a name out please PM me and I'll add that to the list.

Closing price last friday to closing price before the next meeting in 3 months time. Biggest percentage gain wins bragging rights and the respect of their peers. I wont post the picks on the open forums, because some of the picks are just plain embarassing!

And thanks to Plunger, FD, Matty and Oiler for the extensive conversation regarding the business opportunity. I think I'll dance with the devil, and get me some of those pyjamas.

PS - Bermuda, I'd suggest that you go and check the fenceline shrubs for UpsideUmop. I think he's still in there somewhere.
    Last edited by Serpie; 18-05-2008 at 04:22 PM.

Home safe and sound after all the driving.
    See you youngsters; thats what comes with going to bed at a reasonable time, up early and at it.
    What a great night.
    Some may well question Bermuda's share picks but boyo you cant beat him as a cook or shud that be CHEF. Unbeatable - and even took the Crusaders loss in good spirit the more "oiled" he became.
    Thanks Mrs B for yr input.
    Lasting impression the number of the young set attending. The economy is in good hands. Surprised to see that Airedale and myself would have been the oldest there.
    Auckland and Wellington note - 21 ATTENDEES at the NZ Convention.
    A privilege to have attended and meet you all - Thanks Shrewdie and Serpie.

Cheers
    Rotweiller

Glad to hear that you got safely home Rottweiller.

It was nice to meet you, and I enjoyed your stories about your time at the lookout. It sounds idyllic up there. The views, the wildlife and the solitude would be awesome.

If we can get this national meeting off the ground then it would be good to have it up your way. Nice and central, and easily accessible by bus for the South Islanders. Roadtrip!

Quote Originally Posted by Serpie View Post
    Great night. Good turnout and lots of new faces. Special mention to those that came from out of town - Oiler, Mattyroo, Rotty, Tricha and Mysterybox.

Thanks to Bermuda and his family for hosting us, to Shrewdy for the keg, and to everyone else for the food, drink, conversation and entertainment.

I'll do up a PM with all of the picks for the quarterly tipping comp and send it out to everyone. I've got picks for Airedale, Plunger, Matty, Oiler, Upsideumop, Lion, GoFish, Rotty, Financially Dependent, Mysterybox, Bermuda, Skeet, JVL19 and myself of course.

Can any of the other attendees who want to throw a name out please PM me and I'll add that to the list.

Closing price last friday to closing price before the next meeting in 3 months time. Biggest percentage gain wins bragging rights and the respect of their peers. I wont post the picks on the open forums, because some of the picks are just plain embarassing!

And thanks to Plunger, FD, Matty and Oiler for the extensive conversation regarding the business opportunity. I think I'll dance with the devil, and get me some of those pyjamas.

PS - Bermuda, I'd suggest that you go and check the fenceline shrubs for UpsideUmop. I think he's still in there somewhere.
    Serpie .. youre right, it was a humdinger of a night, got back to the hotel in the wee hours and kinda dragging my ass around today

I also have to say a BIG thankyou to Bermuda and Mrs B .....thankyou for your hospitality.

It is always fun to go these events around the country, each city has its own flavour but I have to say that Christchurch deserves the National Title.

Shrewdie we need to talk and arrange a NATIONAL CONVENTION in a central location where the whole country can get to easily ...

Christchurch rocks !!!

Oiler

Share Collector

Well it sounds to me like Christchurch deserves to hold the National Convention! I'd be happy to support it given sufficient notice of dates to catch some reasonable airfares.

Seems like y'all might need a bit of recovery time before any organising though.

Sounds like you guys had a great night. Congrats.....

Liz, did you notice that there appeared to be a shortage of skirt-wearers? Now, I'm sorry, Dr Rob Moodie not included....

Wherever and whenever the NATIONAL CONVENTION is held, we must turn up to wave our bra.......... (ooops, sorry, I mean FLAG).

So pleased you guys had a great time. And this is just a message to all of you who read this site but don't turn up to these do's, they are fun, they are a great opportunity to meets up with people who enjoy all things about the Sharemarket. You don't need to be a guru, it's ok to be a newbie like me, just turn up, put faces to the names and it changes your thinking sooooooooooooo much.

Cheers guys, and everyone.

YOTT
    \"Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt\"

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Well it sounds to me like Christchurch deserves to hold the National Convention! I'd be happy to support it given sufficient notice of dates to catch some reasonable airfares.

Seems like y'all might need a bit of recovery time before any organising though.
    Lizard it was a great night .... and this ole bugga needs an early night tonight.

The current thinking is to have the Convention in Wellington or maybe
    Nelson???

YOTT ....Wellington is the place for the FLAG... bra wavers

There will be plenty of notice for everyone to be able to book flights ahead of time.

I will be in touch !!!

Oiler

Hey, just woken up >.<''

Was an excellent night guys, big thanks to Bermuda(and wife), Shrewd Crude (hospitality & brew), Serpie and others who made this event so great.

I can't say enough without repeating whats above, the food was great, the alcohol.. alcoholic. The knowledge gained was invaluable.

Thank you all, had a really great night and should be attending future conventions =)

-Lewis

Making a note to myself at this point : I must attend the next Christchurch (or national) event!

Twenty one! That's a lot! It must have been the beer!
    Disclaimer: Do not take my posts seriously. They are only opinions.

AMR has sold all shares and is pursuing property.