sharetrader
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    slow learner

I would be keen most but not all weeks! count me in.

Having your get-togethers more frequently increases the chances that I will be in Christchurch to attend...
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Having your get-togethers more frequently increases the chances that I will be in Christchurch to attend...
    Indeed Steve and infact, if it was a regular thing then you just turn up when you can and as Upside -M suggested we could alter the venue from place to place if that suited. Thanks for your responses guys - we'll see how it pans out during the week! Keep your comments coming. Cheers
    I come in Peace

Im keen on turning up every couple of weeks...

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Always keen Jack.

As long as we keep the quarterly meetings as the main event, because the out of towners add so much to these events and they need to plan in advance to attend. And they also need to know that there's going to be a good attendance if they're going to go to the trouble of travelling.

We could always try more regular meetings, and if it strengthens the National Register we keep them, and if it weakens it we ditch them.

So put me down as a yes for monthly catch ups. And 1 vote for Friday afternoons / Friday after work. I always have a few beers on Friday afternoons anyway, so I may as well learn something while I'm drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpie View Post
    Always keen Jack.

As long as we keep the quarterly meetings as the main event, because the out of towners add so much to these events and they need to plan in advance to attend. And they also need to know that there's going to be a good attendance if they're going to go to the trouble of travelling.

We could always try more regular meetings, and if it strengthens the National Register we keep them, and if it weakens it we ditch them.

So put me down as a yes for monthly catch ups. And 1 vote for Friday afternoons / Friday after work. I always have a few beers on Friday afternoons anyway, so I may as well learn something while I'm drinking.
    Serpie.. I totally agree with you in that if the catch ups are too regular then we may not get the numbers at the Quarterlies. I for one would come down once a month for a get together as long as the date was setup a couple of weeks in advance.

You know me ....always keen to jump on a plane to somewhere

Oiler

Absolutely good points guys. I was aiming at very low key type catch ups just for an hour or two and not to displace the Quarterly in anyway - but then from all the reports after Bermudas Cracking Do I don't think there'll ever be any problems having full attendance at the next one, which incidentally is only about 2 months away!
    Sooooo, what say we go about this sensibly and discuss it at the next full Quarterly Convention and decide on it there. No rush. That'd make good sense. Even add to the numbers that are likely to come.
    I come in Peace

I'd be keen to have more frequent meetings... Monthly would be sweet for me

serpie-Always keen Jack.

Yup, very good points Serpie... I agree...

Ok JackSprat, As you are going to organise this... Then we will talk about this at the next meeting as you suggested....

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

OK, cool. Thanks for the input e/one.
    I come in Peace