sharetrader
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

All I can say is I'm impressed and Kiwi Bear your offer I'm sure would prick up a few ears so if anyone feels they want to get into it go for it. On the other hand there was the suggestion we hold fire until the next Convention and make some decisions then.................? Mind my original thought was to just have a few beers and a natter leaning on the local bar but who knows this could evolve toward a degree in economics or some such - oops, too late.
    I come in Peace

Default Next meeting

Good evening all National Convention delegates.

With the June quarter winding up, and all of the Aussie accountants getting ready to close off the books and begin preperation of their results, it's time for us to start thinking about our next meeting.

Quarterlies due out at the end of July, so I would like to propose a meeting for Saturday 9th August for our next convention. How is that date for everyone?

That's about 6 weeks away, so all of those from the branches have got plenty of time to organise flights and accommodation for the trip. I'll nominate and second myself for the transportation sub-committee, so if anyone is coming in from out of town please let me know and I'll make sure that you get picked up and dropped off to wherever you want to go.

As for a venue - big shoes to fill after the last one. I'm keen for a quiet pub somewhere, where we can get a drink and some food, but still be able to talk to each other. Maybe somewhere in the 'burbs so it's easy parking as well. Any suggestions?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Serpie View Post

With the June quarter winding up, and all of the Aussie accountants getting ready to close off the books and begin preperation of their results, it's time for us to start thinking about our next meeting.

Quarterlies due out at the end of July, so I would like to propose a meeting for Saturday 9th August for our next convention. How is that date for everyone?

That's about 6 weeks away, so all of those from the branches have got plenty of time to organise flights and accommodation for the trip. I'll nominate and second myself for the transportation sub-committee, so if anyone is coming in from out of town please let me know and I'll make sure that you get picked up and dropped off to wherever you want to go.

As for a venue - big shoes to fill after the last one. I'm keen for a quiet pub somewhere, where we can get a drink and some food, but still be able to talk to each other. Maybe somewhere in the 'burbs so it's easy parking as well. Any suggestions?
    Hey Serp,

Going down to Dunedin for the rugby ( is it that weekend, might be the next? )

Anyway , would love to come. I reckon the LOne Stare Riccarton would be pretty friendly.Jmo >Just loved having you guys at my place.

Gidday Super B,
    I just had a look at the AB's fixtures, and they're all clear for that weekend. You're not thinking of the game in early July are you? There's NZ vs SA on 12th July in Dunedin.

Lone Star Riccarton sounds like a good idea.

Advanced Member

Gidday Super B,
    I just had a look at the AB's fixtures, and they're all clear for that weekend. You're not thinking of the game in early July are you? There's NZ vs SA on 12th July in Dunedin.

Lone Star Riccarton sounds like a good idea.
    Thanks Serpie,
    Yes it was July 12th for Dunedin.Sorry.Got the wrong month!

Yes I would be a starter for Saturday 9th August at the Lone Star Riccarton ( or any other suitable venue )

Hi Serpie, Can't make that date or the following weekend (skiing hopeully). Give us a shout if the date changes.
    -- NO advice here

--------------------------------------------------------------

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Plunger View Post
    Hi Serpie, Can't make that date or the following weekend (skiing hopeully). Give us a shout if the date changes.
    Hi Serpie/ The Plunger,

I reckon we should make it a Wednesday/Thursday. That way we are not interferring with the weekends.

Just a thought.

bermuda-Hi Serpie/ The Plunger,

I reckon we should make it a Wednesday/Thursday. That way we are not interferring with the weekends.

Just a thought.
    Im easy going....
    this is the National Convention, we have Travelers coming from all over the world !..... Those coming from afar might be best suited to the weekend with Work and all during the week..
    How about we put it to a vote...?

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    Im easy going....
    this is the National Convention, we have Travelers coming from all over the world !..... Those coming from afar might be best suited to the weekend with Work and all during the week..
    How about we put it to a vote...?

.^sc
    I am easy. Any day I am in town.

Hi Serpie

Count me in for the 9th August (Sat) I arrive back in the country that morning so if you need to change the date then a later date would be better for me.

As always, I look forward to catching up with you all again

Oiler