sharetrader
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    Bermuda, Serpie, Brut and I had a beer tonight at the Lone star, and upon inspection we have decided to hold the Event at The Bush Bar, which interconnects with the Lone Star...(right next door)
    Its the corner of Riccarton road and Waimari Road

.^sc
    I went to a lonestar ( first time ) when I was working in Invicargill last year. I ordered a steak and they brought me the whole cow

Quote Originally Posted by Serpie View Post
    They're opening it up early for us Trackers, so it must be a bit quiter than the old days. They reckon we'll have the place largely to ourselves until later on.
    We tried the Jack Ruby Bar next door but it get's really busy, and they crank the music up, so we asked for somewhere a bit more sedate for a start.
    Sounds good to me, we used to have the bush as a sponsor of an old rugby team....Was nice to go there occasionally and have a quiet one on a saturday without having to worry about it getting so packed and loud that you couldn't hear yourself think!

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    I went to a lonestar ( first time ) when I was working in Invicargill last year. I ordered a steak and they brought me the whole cow
    Invercargill ey? Lucky you didn't catch Mad Cows disease!

Quote Originally Posted by trackers View Post
    Invercargill ey? Lucky you didn't catch Mad Cows disease!
    lol,I should probably point out I was only there for one night and Im pretty much nuts already. We drove down from Queenstown. First time that close to the south pole for me and being a jaffa a bit on the cold side. Couldnt see myself living there even if you can buy a house for 50k

Default 2 Sleeps to go

At this stage we have:

Confirmed:

Bermuda
    Oiler
    Shrewd Crude
    Trackers
    Serpie
    Brut + 1 or 2 guests
    Rabbi + Guest
    Jack Sprat
    Diamond H
    Kiwiwim
    Temuk
    Slam
    Finanacially Dependent
    AJ
    Skeet
    Xpress - possible

Apologies from:

Rottweiller
    Airedale
    Upside Umop
    Sideshow Bob
    Mattyroo
    The Plunger

Out of Towners that were at the last meeting and may be unavailable for this meeting:

Mysterybox
    Tricha

Unconfirmed from the last meeting:

Lion
    GoFish
    JVL19

And MIA are:

Noodle
    Steve
    RifRaf
    No Cash
    Ron the Pom
    Farmer George
    Clips
    GarryB
    TroyVDH
    Kerry
    WW
    McCollr
    Port Hills

I think that's everyone on the current register. There are heaps of other posters or lurkers here in the Canterbury region that have not been able to attend to date, and it would be nice to meet you for a beer and some sharemarket drivel.

We've got the bar to ourselves at the start, so you'll have no problems finding us.
    Last edited by Serpie; 22-08-2008 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Updated

I wont be making this one sorry guys.
    Have fun...catch you next time around.
    By the way - it's upside_down, not upside_umop

Thanks guys - I see I get an honorable mention in the list. I have the kids this weekend but may pop in for 1/2 an hour for a chat

Default Flashback

Bring the kids Xpress. You can just leave them in the car with a raspberry and coke and a packet of crisps like in the old days. They'll be fine for a few hours.

Guru

I don't go skiing very often, but 1 meeting last year I was going skiing and this year I'm off skiing again

Hope you have a great night guys!!

I'm probably going to make an effort and get up for the NZO briefing at the end of October.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    I don't go skiing very often, but 1 meeting last year I was going skiing and this year I'm off skiing again

Hope you have a great night guys!!

I'm probably going to make an effort and get up for the NZO briefing at the end of October.
    Shrewd i hope this isn't you trying to "raise the bar" with the National Convention a few months away...

Escaped monkey on the loose in Christchurch

5:01PM Friday August 22, 2008

Christchurch residents are being warned to be on the alert for a small, hairy and intelligent escapee from the city's Willowbank Wildlife Reserve.

Police said that one of the reserve's Capuchin monkeys was on the loose, and likely to be looking for food and shelter.

Inspector John Doherty said staff were moving the monkeys to a new enclosure on Wednesday when one managed to escape.

They had not been able to locate it on the premises and a letter drop has been done with the neighbours in the area.

The monkey, small, and brownish-black in colour, was not considered harmful but should not be approached, Mr Doherty said.

- NZPA

I found him... Looks and struts just like mackdunk...
    hahaha...

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though