sharetrader
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

On a tear!
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

So how far have they got in cleaning the s#%^t up?
    Only mentions on site clean up???
    "Blenkiron said the smelter would clean up residual pollution at the site, whether or not it continued manufacturing after 2024."
    https://www.odt.co.nz/regions/southl...ing-operations

""I'm hopeful that through our aluminium, our participation in the energy sector and our determination to be responsible environmental guardians that our story can continue beyond 2024," he said."

yeah right???

What about offsite slag ?

Guru

The slag ouvea premix from aluminium smelter isn't going away by itself. Now left with Mataura council/residents to deal with ???

"Mataura used to be a paper mill town. Nowadays the old white warehouse building that sits by the river, right in the middle of town, is used for storage. But not ordinary storage. For years it has been the resting place of what they call ouvea premix – waste from the aluminium smelter that, once wet, is highly toxic and releases ammonia."
    "Environment Southland is warning Mataura residents to be prepared to evacuate their homes at short notice after engineers have raised concerns about section of stop bank at risk of erosion in flood.

The regional council was immediately procuring 27,000 tonne of rock for a permanent solution after a geophysical report found high river flows could create erosion leading to failure of the stop bank and flooding of the township on the true left bank– upstream of the old Mataura paper mill."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/...osion-in-flood

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/the...snt-going-away

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    The slag ouvea premix from aluminium smelter isn't going away by itself. Now left with Mataura council/residents to deal with ???

"Mataura used to be a paper mill town. Nowadays the old white warehouse building that sits by the river, right in the middle of town, is used for storage. But not ordinary storage. For years it has been the resting place of what they call ouvea premix – waste from the aluminium smelter that, once wet, is highly toxic and releases ammonia."
    "Environment Southland is warning Mataura residents to be prepared to evacuate their homes at short notice after engineers have raised concerns about section of stop bank at risk of erosion in flood.

The regional council was immediately procuring 27,000 tonne of rock for a permanent solution after a geophysical report found high river flows could create erosion leading to failure of the stop bank and flooding of the township on the true left bank– upstream of the old Mataura paper mill."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/...osion-in-flood

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/the...snt-going-away

in the more recent article of the two linked:

"It’s a highly toxic substance if it becomes wet and while many Mataura homes were flooded, a major disaster was narrowly escaped as it remained dry. It has since been removed."
    Last edited by nztx; 21-12-2022 at 12:10 PM.

Rio still looking strong and of course there could be a correction at any time the move looks more and more impulsive. glad to have got some at 96 and will add if it goes below 100 which it might do without necessarily changing the outlook
    RIO20221224.JPG

having some BHP does NOT count as diversification much (tho a little say if either has a bad disaster like BHP did a while back)

these companies are both large enough esp BHP that even within themselves they contain a wide range of products and hence diversificiation - though usually of course all the commodities move in the same direction..
    Attached Images Attached Images

We are now in the 122's and its looking a bit extended in my view - could well be a fifth wave in place. soon be time to take some off the table and wait for a retracement I think - although as often with me I get out too soon. I have a bad habit of not letting my profits run , but given we are generally considered to be facing a global recession it may pay to bank it. So next week I will look to sell into any further rally, certainly keep an eye out for any reversal patterns - there is one already, RSI divergence, but of course that can run for longer than expected or be negated. Will we see any candle patterns that point to a change of trend?

RIO20230113.JPG
    Last edited by peat; 13-01-2023 at 08:37 PM.

guess I will have to make a hat-trick on this thread

is that an abandoned baby?

RIO20230203.JPG

Legend

https://hotcopper.com.au/asx/rio/

Plenty of fresh news on lost item - infact every line

but alas what goes up .. when the spotlight goes off .. does what ?

When does next capsule drop occur to continue all the media attention ?

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    https://hotcopper.com.au/asx/rio/

Plenty of fresh news on lost item - infact every line

but alas what goes up .. when the spotlight goes off .. does what ?

When does next capsule drop occur to continue all the media attention ?
    are you saying RIO price has been going up because of their losing a radioactive capsule, and the media attention arising from that?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    are you saying RIO price has been going up because of their losing a radioactive capsule, and the media attention arising from that?
    I didn't say that - did I ?