sharetrader
Page 6 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Hi Arco, pog was over US$ 900 a few short weeks ago. With this volatility the grey box in the bottom right corner is possible. But it is hard to predict. The US printing press must keep going, so where does that take gold.
    We will see much more deflation in the POG before we see inflation.....the money handed out already by the US Fed and US government barely scratches the surface of what has already been lost in the credit crunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Packersoldkidney View Post
    We will see much more deflation in the POG before we see inflation.....the money handed out already by the US Fed and US government barely scratches the surface of what has already been lost in the credit crunch.
    I agree.....I'm still thinking deflationary/disinflationary for the time being.

But in my opinion, once the mass bailouts gain traction......hold on for a reinflationary ride on a rocket.

Gold now in the low 700's today.

How low will it go?

Not sure......but I'm definitely a buyer here....but a VERY cautious buyer...I'm still averaging UP.....but a couple more good sized purchases will have me averaging DOWN

Personally, I think it's inevitable that gold is going to sky since the entire world seems happy enough to choose inflation over deflation.

What I'm trying to focus on is finding leading indicators I'm comfortable with that signal the end of deflation/disinflation and the beginning of reinflation in order to consider bigger/bolder entry points....as well as getting a handle on how long the change from one to the other will take to truly kick in.....giving me the comfort level to exchange devaluing cash or cash-like for tangible "stuff".

If the deflation/disinflation changing to reinflation "big picture" doesn't change...I expect to be invested well over 50% in commodities within approx. 24 months roughly 1/3,1/3,1/3 in Ag, PM, and energy.

One thing I'm not sure is a help or a hindrance at times is the growing disparity between spot price and physical.

Gold was an overnight sensation for me...........+3500 atm...................and heading for the grey box as mentioned/shown in my post yesterdayGTA - arco

Quote Originally Posted by arco View Post
    Gold was an overnight sensation for me...........+3500 atm...................and heading for the grey box as mentioned/shown in my post yesterdayGTA - arco
    Gold smashed thru $US750/oz like a bulldozer, in free fall mode now ouch

Copper is worse

Out of my depth here but did read .IF gold falls thru $740 the next level is $560. ??

Whats the best, easiest way to buy gold. There's no physical access in my City.I read about gold warrants from Perth mint etc. Is it better to own the real deal, coins etc. ?? I notice a 5% fee between buying and selling. Thanks.

Hi Ollie, google NZ mint. I have no experience of buying the metal, but it may give you a starting point.

Buying physical is pretty expensive.....................

I checked last Tuesday at Auckland Bullion.

Buying price was then NZ$1455.56 .......Plus a $15 bar charge.
    The purchase back price was $1279. So an immediate loss of $191 or about 13%.

You might be better off putting that amount with Oanda (who also pay 4% interest when the money is laying idle).

Remember storage as well. If you are buying a large number of bars a safety deposit box will be an additional cost.

arco

gold chart from all time high counts best as a corrective move lower.

it doesnt look like a new impulse wave lower but overlapping corrrective waves.

downward channel developing with possibilty of 680 coming into play which may be a good place to look for a reversal.

Cool watch GOLD bounce soon

In the October 22 session on the TOCOM Goldman Sachs COVERED 23 short contracts and BOUGHT 703 long contracts which brings their long position to 2,971 contracts and makes them now NET LONG 543 contracts. This is the LARGEST long position they have held in 30 months. In 30 months they have been net short every day except for two days. The only other day they were net long was on 9/29/08 and was only 28 contracts net long."
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu