sharetrader

Thread: GOLD

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by srowe View Post
    Its interesting to note that I was told by New Zealand mint that once the gold was bought and waiting for delivery[4-6wks?] that you could still sell your gold if it rose which I suppose takes a little of the uncertainty out of the situation[its still sell at 1% below spot though]
    i guess threre is still a big advantage to having it physically right away but ofcourse there is no guarantie you are getting the real thing and i would be very nervious putting $2000 into someones bank acc and then waiting for the supposeably gold coin.
    Don't know for sure, but I'd be surprised if NZ Mint didn't pay at least spot for incoming gold Kiwis. Since there are precious few sellers and a wait of 4-6 weeks, I'm sure they would jump at the chance to acquire immediate inventory and would likely be calling a buyer . . . for another quick 6%!

But people sure seem to be happy enough to acquire them on TM and that's a better price than you'd ever get from the NZ Mint - they will have to meet the market to some degree IMO.
    Last edited by Aussie; 09-02-2009 at 08:38 PM.