sharetrader
Page 37 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Colin Twiggs from Incredible charts presents a very matter of fact trading diary which is pretty often spot on the money actually

http://www.incrediblecharts.com/trad...gold_crude.php

and he reckons

The short-term target is $940; calculated as 920 + ( 920 - 900 ).

...short term, like right now. Just nudged above. Lets see where it closes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess9 View Post
    ...short term, like right now. Just nudged above. Lets see where it closes.
    ...only a decisive push above 1007 will prevent gold to abandon the 680 target

Kind Regards

If you look at the 5 year chart 0n Kitco, there have been 3 attempts to get above $US 1,000 since 03/08. My feeling.....based on the amount of paper being printed by banks.....is that $1000 will be breached and become support.

Tin-foil Hatter

Gold bullion sales in eBay reached almost $4M last month. However, the interesting figure is that some non-collectible gold coins are carrying a 100% premium over gold content.
    God - Please give us just one more bubble....

Quote Originally Posted by patsy View Post
    Gold bullion sales in eBay reached almost $4M last month. However, the interesting figure is that some non-collectible gold coins are carrying a 100% premium over gold content.
    There are also some ridiculous prices for silver and gold coins on sella.co.nz and TradeMe.
    If anyone buys these overpriced coins they are going to be sitting with them for a very long time before they can turn a profit IMO

Quote Originally Posted by arco View Post
    There are also some ridiculous prices for silver and gold coins on sella.co.nz and TradeMe.
    If anyone buys these overpriced coins they are going to be sitting with them for a very long time before they can turn a profit IMO
    well current silver reserves will last 15yrs total est. probable silver left in the world 25-30yr at current usage, that's if silver demand doesn't increase which IMHO it will- as silver is only second to crude oil for world wide different uses it's a true precious thing unlike the paper money you pay for it which is incresing by trillions while the world silver is depleting

Also I remember talking with a NZ silver trader 2-3yrs ago when silver was $7usd(If you look back on my sharetrder post I asked the forum where I could buy 100kilos of silver as I believed it was very good buying)
    The trader I talked with like youself arco thought I was crazy trying buy silver for a investment why he asked would you want so much silver theirs pently enough around,the price hasn't increased much over the last coulpe yrs,go buy gold etc etc etc

Silver hit a high of $21oz USD like a 1-2yrs later
    as of more recent times when I finally decided to start buying bullion right upto couple months ago I paid an average of $26oz for my 30kilos of bullion savings currently I could sell on trademe for 35oz-40oz personal I'll happy to wait for a couple more yrs as 000's will be alot better
    Last edited by JBmurc; 09-03-2009 at 09:42 AM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Exclamation Kitco

The precious metals industry is experiencing a substantial surge in activity which may cause delays. We apologize for this inconvenience and are working hard to get you your package as soon as possible. From the date your funds have cleared to the time you receive your order can currently take 3 to 4 weeks.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Agreed...I think prices have become a bit optomistic.

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    well current silver reserves will last 15yrs total est. probable silver left in the world 25-30yr at current usage, that's if silver demand doesn't increase which IMHO it will- as silver is only second to crude oil for world wide different uses it's a true precious thing unlike the paper money you pay for it which is incresing by trillions while the world silver is depleting

Also I remember talking with a NZ silver trader 2-3yrs ago when silver was $7usd(If you look back on my sharetrder post I asked the forum where I could buy 100kilos of silver as I believed it was very good buying)
    The trader I talked with like youself arco thought I was crazy trying buy silver for a investment why he asked would you want so much silver theirs pently enough around,the price hasn't increased much over the last coulpe yrs,go buy gold etc etc etc

Silver hit a high of $21oz USD like a 1-2yrs later
    as of more recent times when I finally decided to start buying bullion right upto couple months ago I paid an average of $26oz for my 30kilos of bullion savings currently I could sell on trademe for 35oz-40oz personal I'll happy to wait for a couple more yrs as 000's will be alot better
    Yup...I've been acquiring silver since approx. 2002.

I got nervous when silver climbed like a rocket then dived 2-3 years ago....I simply bought more and kept my dollar cost average low.

At these prices I still think it's a great long-term buy......but I'm really cheap.......NZD cost basis is far, far higher than it was even a year ago...using old .80 NZD/USD cross cash offers a better opportunity......current .50NZD/USD, not nearly as much

I disagree, the market is what the market pays . . . if anyone here thinks they can just go out and buy physical gold for the spot price, then good luck . . . you'll be looking for a long time.