sharetrader
Page 59 of 75 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Thread: GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    well I guess at 12.5 kg it rules out the shoeshine boys, but somehow it reminds me of the story. contrarian signal?

discl
    hold silver.
    Nah, the average Joe has no clue about gold . . . yet.

Cool But it while it's still

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie View Post
    Nah, the average Joe has no clue about gold . . . yet.
    No an even less clue about Silver till average joe wakes up I'm buying an not selling 1oz

Brought a couple 5kgs Silver bars($4350ea) the other day taking my holding to 45kilos
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    great read even more reason to buy Silver bullion
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    great read even more reason to buy Silver bullion
    or some tungsten

You obviously dislike gold, what's you problem CAM?

Banned

Gold will go to $Us 1500

Quote Originally Posted by dragonz View Post
    Gold will go to $Us 1500
    I have no doubt it will, but that won't be helpful to us here if the NZD is US$1.50 or US$2.00 . . . truth is, gold IS rising in all currencies.

The BIG problem that nobody talks about is the fact that the vast majority of reserve assets held by central banks around the world are in USD instruments - Dollars, Treasuries and agency debt . . .

What happens to local currencies like the AUD and NZD when a USD currency crisis finally emerges and supports get cut out from underneath them?
    Last edited by Aussie; 21-10-2009 at 11:02 PM.

Banned

I have no doubt it will, but that won't be helpful to us here if the NZD is US$1.50 or US$2.00 . . . truth is, gold IS rising in all currencies.

The BIG problem that nobody talks about is the fact that the vast majority of reserve assets held by central banks around the world are in USD instruments - Dollars, Treasuries and agency debt . . .

What happens to local currencies like the AUD and NZD when a USD currency crisis finally emerges and supports get cut out from underneath them?
    I would say that theres a bigger probability that Gold will be in Euros before we see NZD is US$1.50 or US$2.00 . Very valid point however.

You obviously dislike gold, what's you problem CAM?
    I can't afford it !! ...haha
    No I don't dislike it....thought I would just post stuff that people might find of interest.
    If I had the money I would buy some gold. But circumstances don't allow it (money goes on feeding the family and paying the mortgage) so I buy a little silver now and then when I can. I do have a little gold ....some coins from my departed Grandfathers collection.
    There is a bunch of stuff in one of Jason Hommells latest newsletters about fake gold and silver coins etc. Always pays to be informed about what you are buying.