sharetrader
Page 62 of 75 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Thread: GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I would think it would be physical possession , but I dont know that for sure. Anyone??

If I was buying anything for 6 billion I think I would want to see it and touch it and maybe even drill a few bars to see they're not tungsten , then store it somewhere I trusted , rather than rely on someone else to give me a certificate saying they would keep it safe for me .
    Yes or it could be just like the -Fort Knox Gold-It's there but you can't see it or audit it but it is there because the powers that be say so.....

My 45kilo soon to be 47kilo of silver bullion is about 7 metres away from me in my personal safe just where I want it to be
    Last edited by JBmurc; 04-11-2009 at 02:29 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

http://www.forbes.com/2008/01/29/gol...ml?partner=aol

Looks like its all in NYC!! Best nothing happens to Manhatten or all that gold is gone.

I remember my history teacher telling a story about all the worlds gold.

All the countries in the world collected their gold and kept it on an island in the middle of the Pacific. They chose 1 guy to look after it and every 6 months they would all sail to this island and make sure the gold was there.

Anyway this worked for many years until one day they all went out and found the guy had disappeared with all their gold. They were all bankrupt.

The point being that gold is just like Fiat money and just as imaginary.

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yes or it could be just like the -Fort Knox Gold-It's there but you can't see it or audit it but it is there because the powers that be say so.....

My 45kilo soon to be 47kilo of silver bullion is about 7 metres away from me in my personal safe just where I want it to be
    JBMurc

You haven't got any gold on trade me have you?

Was having a look at gold coins, & noticed a Q'town seller

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    JBMurc

You haven't got any gold on trade me have you?

Was having a look at gold coins, & noticed a Q'town seller
    Na did have awhile ago only silver now
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Only a whisker or a couple of retracements away from US$1100 now. Not even any sign of any shorting on the Nymex for the last few weeks.

Default Says it all

INDIA BUYS GOLD – UK BUYS BANKS
    November 3rd, 2009 by Egon von Greyerz, GoldSwitzerland

India, like China, understands the virtues of gold. This is why they have snapped up 200 tons of gold from the IMF at around $1,045 per ounce or $6.7 billion. The UK does not understand gold, that is why Gordon Brown sold most of the nation’s gold in 1999 at virtually the low of $250.

Instead the UK has today spent $51 billion on propping up bankrupt banks. Royal Bank of Scotland received another $41 billion today making it the costliest bailout worldwide with a total of $75 billion. Lloyds Bank received another $10 billion. The US is of course also spending printed money on rescuing bank creditors with 115 bank failures so far in 2009.

So who is likely to make the best return on their investment, India with their gold or the UK or US with their bankrupt banks. We certainly know who we will put our money on.
    Running with the Bulls!!
    Go with the flow
    slimbo

Actually I am going for the Banks. Specially over a 5 year plus time frame.

Rothschild leaves gold market

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/3628971.stm
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Peat

I couldn't get that link to work, but this is probably the same/similar article here

http://www.taxfreegold.co.uk/rothsch...oldmarket.html

Both links are working here..

Either way makes you wonder if there is any reasoning behind it.

Last year, the business generated just 2.2% of the bank's income, down from more than 8% five years earlier.
    They claim this part of the business is down to 2.2% of total income. However at the end of the day it is still profit and quite a large amount of coin given overall earnings.

Perhaps they are looking to start fulling their own coffers?