sharetrader
Page 63 of 75 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Thread: GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Hey Pete

They have probably been manipulating the market since $300 per ounce ??? (Nah that does not sound like the Rothchilds)
    and maybe they realise now at over $1000 an ounce and govts start buying the physical item they no longer have control on the market.

And Nevel

Good luck backing banks that are being bailed out by government printed money.
    Running with the Bulls!!
    Go with the flow
    slimbo

Jim Rogers think that gold will go to $2k.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Quote Originally Posted by srotherh View Post
    Hey Pete

They have probably been manipulating the market since $300 per ounce ??? (Nah that does not sound like the Rothchilds)
    and maybe they realise now at over $1000 an ounce and govts start buying the physical item they no longer have control on the market.

And Nevel

Good luck backing banks that are being bailed out by government printed money.
    Lloyds closed at 83.4 pence
    rbs 35.4pence

gold $1089

ok give it 5 years.

sorry GBP vs USD 1.658

we have our start point

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Nevl View Post
    Lloyds closed at 83.4 pence
    rbs 35.4pence

gold $1089

ok give it 5 years.
    I'd say it will take alot less than 5yrs to see the UK-US banks in an even worse state in comparison to real assets Gold Oil Silver etc than they have been -free fiat money is only going to last so long as to why -India,Russia,China,N Korea................................... are lining up to buy more Gold bullion from the likes of the IMF ....

Sri Lanka c.bank buying gold to diversify reserves
    11.05.09, 04:55 AM EST

NEW DELHI, Nov 5 (Reuters) – Sri Lanka’s central bank has been buying gold for the past five or six months as it diversifies its reserves amid volatile markets, the bank’s governor said in an interview on Thursday.

‘We have been fairly strong accumulators of gold reserves over the past few months,’ Sri Lanka Central Bank Governor Ajith Nivard Cabraal told Reuters in a telephone interview from the southern Indian city of Chennai.

‘We haven’t stopped yet,’ he added, declining to quantify how much gold the central bank had bought or how much of the more than $4.8 billion of the country’s reserves were in gold.

‘Many countries are today diversifying. They are also looking at intrinsic value of their reserves, so gold would be a natural candidate for that kind of reserve accumulation,’ he said.
    Last edited by JBmurc; 06-11-2009 at 04:21 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    I'd say it will take alot less than 5yrs to see the UK-US banks in an even worse state in comparison to real assets Gold Oil Silver etc than they have been -free fiat money is only going to last so long as to why -India,Russia,China,N Korea................................... are lining up to buy more Gold bullion from the likes of the IMF ....
    ok I will buy 1000 Lloyds and 1000 RBS shares tonight on the London Market. You buy an ounce of Gold then lets see who is correct on Guy Fawkes 2014. The loser buys the fireworks.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Nevl View Post
    ok I will buy 1000 Lloyds and 1000 RBS shares tonight on the London Market. You buy an ounce of Gold then lets see who is correct on Guy Fawkes 2014. The loser buys the fireworks.
    Well personal I acutally do hold 45kilos of silver bullion as I do believe Silver will outperform gold by quite the margin..

But yeah say as of tonight 1oz NZ gold price close up against 1000 Lloyds an RBS shares in their NZD currency value on their close...mmmm hope you don't invest all your money into UK banks might end up having to make your own fireworks in 2014
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Well personal I acutally do hold 45kilos of silver bullion as I do believe Silver will outperform gold by quite the margin..

But yeah say as of tonight 1oz NZ gold price close up against 1000 Lloyds an RBS shares in their NZD currency value on their close...mmmm hope you don't invest all your money into UK banks might end up having to make your own fireworks in 2014
    Haha i can use the share certs as wicks. Actually I will just get the CFD's and I expect RBS to be a drag but still good for a laugh. Will be complicated as we are also betting on the value of the NZ$ in 5 years and the pound. Will be an interesting experiment.

Will be fun. Cheers JB.

ok got mine. Rbs at 38.5p and Lloyds at 83.48p kiwi at 43.63

Game on.

Quote Originally Posted by srotherh View Post
    . . . Problem for NZ is all reserves are in $USD
    Even reserve bank realises that . . . “We’re trying to reduce our exposure to U.S. dollars as it heads south,” Spencer said.
    I bet I have more gold backing me than the NZD does . . .