sharetrader
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default ROD PETRICEVIC - BRIDGECORP

Rob tried to take DPC by stealth & failed, & now his baby "Bridgecorp" is in receivership (after previous failures in the past).

What's next for this former high flyer?

What(if any)will be his next reincarnation back into the markets?

Ok, fess up people who knows of people/has own money in Bridgecorp?

A while back i was looking at DPC, with the view of investing when the blocking shareholding saga's unravelled, fortunately the chart was plain awful & i never touched it...

Anyone giving them a chance of trading out of the receivership?

nope, dont know anyone who has lost in Bridgecorp. I had some 2 years back and pulled it out when I heard some rumblings between it and DPC. How could they trade out when no fresh investments will come through the door?

A friend of mine wanted to invest in Bridgecorp a few months back. He was smart enough to take my advice and not go there. I tiol dhim not to touch any finance firms, better to put your money in the bank. Unfortunately his friend did not listen.
    This stock shines so bright that it \"Bling Blings\"

Guru

Shasta
    My next door neighbour has $13000 invested with Bridgecorp.

When we were talking about the receivership, I said that I had known for a numbers of months that Bridgecorp was on shaky ground and she replied why don't I mention it to her about it. I answered, you didn't tell me you had money in Bridgecorp otherwise I would've mentioned it.

Us Kiwis seemed to be very secretive when it comes to money. Probably a factor which keeps these dodgy companies in business.

Advanced Member

A golfing friend put his clients into it. When I asked why he said they gave a very good presentation......!!!
    After being burnt several years ago by some very slick Aussies I vowed to do my own research..You dont need more than 3 seconds to evaluate Bridgecorp.All you have to do is look at the MD's name.

I mean if Allan Hawkins started up such a company would you invest in it??? Of course not.
    I dont care how well he may be doing in his latest venture. I wouldnt touch it.

I doubt if investors will get all their money back!

They have sold some of their loans to South canty finance and sold others to (i think) strategic and others.

they also have the fijian motel which has been stalled for almost a year ( about $50m from memory)

The sunday times had an artical 8th july

This Rob guy should be made to sell his merc,porche,rental apartments and luxury yacht!

I didn't have any money invested.

quote:Originally posted by temuk

I doubt if investors will get all their money back!

They have sold some of their loans to South canty finance and sold others to (i think) strategic and others.

they also have the fijian motel which has been stalled for almost a year ( about $50m from memory)

The sunday times had an artical 8th july
    All of their money back......... I'm picking 40 cents in the dollar spread over the next 10 years.
    If I had money in Bridgecorp I would save myself the stress and just move on.

Toddy

Finance companies, what a history going all the way back to JBL in the 70's.And you are right Hoop, it can be difficult to get a meaningful conversation about money. It is on of those things that people are reluctant to talk about. I know some guys who are [almost] so secretive that they wouldn't tell you how much the morning paper cost them. As Digger said on the NZO thread,we come here or we would be talking to ourselves.

My flatmate from last year (also a student) had everything she had invested in Bridgecorp last year. Her "financial advisor" put her on to it. I campaigned all year for her to get her money out and she finally did so over the summer. I have a feeling though she has put the lot back into another finance company! Some people never learn....

quote:Originally posted by bermuda

A golfing friend put his clients into it. When I asked why he said they gave a very good presentation......!!!
    After being burnt several years ago by some very slick Aussies I vowed to do my own research..You dont need more than 3 seconds to evaluate Bridgecorp.All you have to do is look at the MD's name.

I mean if Allan Hawkins started up such a company would you invest in it??? Of course not.
    I dont care how well he may be doing in his latest venture. I wouldnt touch it.
    That would be your - some would say uninformed - decision.

The hog contends that Hawkins is in a different league to Rob Petrovic.
    warthog ... muddy and smelly