sharetrader
Page 159 of 971 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259659 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 9703

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    Wish I could come but can't. Would greatly appreciate if you guys could give us a brief rundown after when you get a chance. Thanks!
    One of us will report back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Could someone from the Wellington central area respond to Forrest re a possible meeting place,I live 40k out of the city so not familiar with options close to meeting venue?
    St Johns Bar is right next door and a cool place. Macs Brewbar is also next door (wharf entrance) and that's not too bad.

You could wander down the wharves (to the north past the TSB centre) and go to Foxglove. Chicago is on the way to Foxglove but I'd give that a miss

I'd go the St Johns way ....was the old ambulance station hence the name ...and more likely to spot the movers and shakers
    Last edited by winner69; 25-04-2014 at 01:27 PM.

Couta - forgot to add the helipad is pretty close by if you prefer that form of transport instead of a 40k drive to the big smoke

percy

I really do learn a great deal going to agms and company presentations.The directors really do like to be seen talking to shareholders after the meeting,so best chance to help them out by talking to them!!!!
    I enjoy listening to their answers to questions asked during the meeting.
    I also learn a great deal talking to other shareholders after any meeting.
    Roger and Forest enjoy Wellington and the meeting.
    I am pleased to be a shareholder in such a great company in the expanding retirement sector.It has be well lead by Norah Barlow and I am sure we are "well positioned."
    Snapiti.Get to the meeting. If for no other reason it is well worth meeting Forest and Roger.
    Last edited by percy; 25-04-2014 at 01:54 PM.

Banned

Not sure if I'll make the meeting but will be at the St Johns bar to meet Roger and Forest (No Helicopter winner but could bring the BB chev) Snapiti as we haven't met yet and I owe you a drink remember?would be good if you could make the bar mate

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up Just wish I could be there

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    Or is it simply for the sausage rolls and earl grey tea.
    Used to do it for me everytime

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    don't mean to offend anyone but have to ask the questions....
    If you have no questions to ask the board in a public forum what is the point in going to a shareholders meeting only to hear well rehearsed management babble none of which you cant read on line after the event.
    I have been to a few now, not just SUM, and they all seem the same, shareholders sitting there egearly waiting for the CEO to speak and waiting for the very rare shareholder who dare speak up and challenge what the board is telling them.
    Or is it simply for the sausage rolls and earl grey tea.
    For me I would rather sit down in private and read the minutes from the meeting.
    It is much easier to decipher well rehearsed hype and preaching from reality this way.
    disc hold lots of SUM and are very pleased with the company and management.
    I dont see any benefit of going to the meeting even though I live in wellington beside's I have eaten too many easter eggs this easter and don't need any sausage rolls next week.
    Like Percy I get lots of good info from AGM's. Body language when the Chairman or CEO try to be flexible with the truth is a lot easier to pick when one attend the AGM. Think last DIL AGM when I sold DIL shares soon after AGM because body language contradicted the answer given to us share holders. And I bought additional THL after their AGM, on body language reinforcing the CEO positive comments at the meeting.
    Last edited by forest; 25-04-2014 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Not sure if I'll make the meeting but will be at the St Johns bar to meet Roger and Forest (No Helicopter winner but could bring the BB chev) Snapiti as we haven't met yet and I owe you a drink remember?would be good if you could make the bar mate
    Thanks Winner for your suggestions. St Johns bar next door sounds excellent, I assume Roger will agree to that, a quick hop next door will give more drinking time. Will be good meeting you Couta1.
    Last edited by forest; 25-04-2014 at 02:40 PM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    Thanks Winner for your suggestions. St Johns bar next door sounds excellent, I assume Roger will agree to that, a quick hob next door will give more drinking time. Will be good meeting you Couta1.
    I am hoping to make it to the AGM and look forward to catching up at St Johns bar afterwards.
    Last edited by iceman; 25-04-2014 at 02:41 PM.

I remember the days when Max Gunn taught us how to ask the difficult questions of the Board . They were never comfortable with him not interested in the cream cakes later. He once started asking for the resignation of the entire BIL Board. Bruce Sheppard came later but he was more an orator like MP Shane Jones.