sharetrader
Page 178 of 971 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278678 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 9701

"Retirement village industry shake-up on the cards";
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11280575

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Trix View Post
    Good article and food for thought re ever increasing profits in the sector also picks up on the rental potential going forward which some have discussed on here. I know of another operator looking to list later this year but can't say who at this stage for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Good article and food for thought re ever increasing profits in the sector also picks up on the rental potential going forward which some have discussed on here. I know of another operator looking to list later this year but can't say who at this stage for obvious reasons.
    Could you hint as to when later this year? perhaps the last quarter?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vorno View Post
    Could you hint as to when later this year? perhaps the last quarter?
    Novemberish.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Trix View Post
    Thank you for the link.
    It is interesting that Norah Barlow is now a director of Australian retirement village operator INA whose business model is very different to NZ operators.
    Certainly there will be many changes,yet the sector benefits from the rapidly growing ageing population.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Im very much a novice, but i see a wedge formation in the SP over the last 6 months with 3 equal peaks and rising lows. Maybe a higher rise soon? Opinions....
    How's your wedge turning out yoda ....hope you keeping an eye on it

Price was 346 when you posted that a few weeks ago ....today at 345

At least it ain't broken down eh .....yet

Time alone can make it appear as it has, even though the price is unchanged

Maybe the old saying the future is now is true .....today's price reflects performance in 2016 or something like that

SUM beginning to flirt very closely with its lower long-term trend line - is anyone worried about this from a charting/TA perspective?

Hopefully just taking a breather before taking another run up - I believe 2Q sales metrics are due out next week so maybe this will provide the catalyst. The past month has been so boring! Bollinger bands squeezing ever tighter...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    the fundamentals of this stock remain so strong that I can't really see anything to worry about, even if the squiggly lines don't currently look that great.
    Long term vision required the short sighted should stay away

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Long term vision required the short sighted should stay away
    Well, I just went and picked up my brand new, (first set of progressive lens glasses), another one of the joys of reaching 50+, for a whopping $1,334, (ouch), so for the first time in many years I have excellent short, medium and long term vision and it isn't helping with this stock. I don't know what to make of it when Mr Cook says so emphatically that growth this year will not match last year and its on a trailing PE of 35. I don't understand the need to so emphatically state growth will be lower than last year but then refuse to give profit guidance and I don't think the directors stance on this is doing SUM any favours with the market. Metlifecare give forward guidance and Ryman give clearly articulated medium term profit growth targets...(note to directors, not good enough, must improve forecasting systems and do better to provide forward guidance). An update on where they're at with their important Auckland Ellerslie site wouldn't hurt either.
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-07-2014 at 02:53 PM.

percy

No need for short to medium term vision!! Just remember the long view is best!!!
    "Statistics NZ estimated the number of New Zealanders aged 75 plus will almost triple to 731,000 over the next thirty years."
    Now I can read that with my $2 reading glasses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol,
    "I think we are well positioned".