sharetrader
Page 279 of 970 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289329379779 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 9700
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Close at this would be highest close for more than 2 months

And a sales announcement coming up
    Do you think Norah is buying?

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    Hoping this was a lame troll. Otherwise, it appears that you are trying to say that death rates in Sydney are four times less than NZ....
    Will be a greater factor than 4 if one assumes catchment area of the SMH is three times that of the NZ Herald
    Last edited by winner69; 12-12-2014 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Will be a greater factor than 4 if one assumes catchment area of the SMH is three times that of the NZ Herald
    Or that the SMH has not cornered all the death notices published in a greater number of Dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tevita View Post
    Have just returned from an Australian holiday. Sydney Morning Herald death notices are regularly quarter the number of the NZ Herald. If only for the sake of greater longevity we are considering
    moving back. Local medication here is no panacea..
    It costs money to put a death notice in the paper. Speaks volumes really.

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    Careful Vaygor. I was issued yet ANOTHER infraction notice for making a harmless joke about Tevita's post (even though I added an emoticon that made it clear it was in jest).

This place is turning to crap. Very close to deleting my profile and moving on.

Has been fun.
    My interest has now been piqued and I am not even ticklish. But spare a thought for moderators. Like a policeman their lot is not an easy (happy) one according to G.S Gilbert. Provocation has been known to start bush fires during a drought. (excuse the sanctuary of excessive use of metaphor)

Perhaps over a beer sometime.

SUM is compared with RYM, MET or even INA (as well "directed" by Norah) the worst performer this year (well, so far). However - it looks like the SP just moved on its own private upleg ... maybe the market feels they punished them a bit too hard? Or is Norah buying again - the Q4 sales numbers are only 3 weeks away ...?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    SUM is compared with RYM, MET or even INA (as well "directed" by Norah) the worst performer this year (well, so far). However - it looks like the SP just moved on its own private upleg ... maybe the market feels they punished them a bit too hard? Or is Norah buying again - the Q4 sales numbers are only 3 weeks away ...?
    Craigs sees little value in the sector with MET being best value by quite a margin. I see around 8.5 cps for 2014 but even consensus broker estimates of about 10 cents they're on a forward PE now of 28...for a company with declining EPS and that's before we take a discount for the "Norah" factor. I wish there was an easy way to short this pup.

percy

Not sure whether Craig's have a good history in this sector?
    I prefer to back my own judgement.
    MET $4.33 Sell..
    RYM $8.25 Buy..
    SUM.$2.87 Just about buy.Has gone through 50day EMA $2.75 but needs to go through the 200day EMA $2.99 for a buy to be confirmed..!!
    The Rugby Players Village.Avoid.
    Last edited by percy; 16-12-2014 at 09:32 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Not sure whether Craig's have a good history in this sector?
    I prefer to back my own judgement.
    MET $4.33 Sell..
    RYM $8.25 Buy..
    SUM.$2.87 Just about buy.Has gone through 50day EMA $2.75 but needs to go through the 200day EMA $2.99 for a buy to be confirmed..!!
    The Rugby Players Village.Avoid.
    I just felt compelled to agree with all of this post and if craigs think Met is the best value then perhaps they need to do a bit more research
    Last edited by couta1; 16-12-2014 at 09:43 PM.

12 months to 17/12/2014 off super charts menu ANZ securities.
    NZX 50 up 16%
    Sum down 11% (27% underperformance compared NZX 50)
    RYM up 5% (11% underperformance)
    MET up 9% (7% underperformance)

Maybe Craigs not so silly after all....called the whole sector fully priced...whole sector under-performs the NZX 50...called MET best value and its the best of a bad bunch.

Like you Percy I prefer to rely on my own analysis which tells me the whole sector is still poor value and with moderating growth rates I will continue to avoid in 2015.