sharetrader
Page 290 of 971 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300340390790 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 9703
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Would it not be wiser to divest yourself of the speccy in the red stocks, before they sink without trace, and hang on to your quality retirement stock.
    It sounds like you are danger of using your Sum money to take more gambles on speccy bios
    No money going into any more tech stocks ratkin, my last big average down was Xro and that's paying off, I still hold a decent amount of Rym. So far have bought some more HNZ/IFT/Air/DPC /Spk and even some MPG to keep winner company. Time to diversify and keep all stocks at roughly no more than 10% of portfolio level.
    Last edited by couta1; 19-02-2015 at 06:37 PM.

dear couta ..how sir ...with all due respect given you've been on this site for 14. Years. How on earth did you manage to be in the red re rym.I must hastily add however I'm not about to divulge my mistakes. Cheers

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    That seems like a pretty big turn around given you had been one of the most optimistic posters on SUM and retirement villages generally. Any insights other than the flat share price over the past year or so?

I took a modest position in SUM recently (under $3) and see them as a long term hold (could top up at some point).
    You'll do alright buying at that level, I'm still optimistic on retirement villages as someone who's worked in them for the last 25yrs but I temper my optimism with inside knowledge of where the industry is at at any given point in time, enough said.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    dear couta ..how sir ...with all due respect given you've been on this site for 14. Years. How on earth did you manage to be in the red re rym.I must hastily add however I'm not about to divulge my mistakes. Cheers
    Only in the red on my purchase from two years ago, did well on my prior holdings,cheers

as an aside ...like I have been saying for a while it's hp that the 3 retirement companies will continue to flourish as long as houses continue to appreciate in value in our countries largest cities.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Okay folks now don't go into shock but I have sold out my Sum holding over the last week or two, I do intend buying back a portion that makes up around 5% or so of my portfolio at some point. You may ask why? well I looked at my gain in Sum and Ryman over the last couple of years and until recently there wasn't any (My Ryman holding is currently in the red so won't be getting reduced until the next run up) Some would say why not wait until next week, well as you all know selling on report day doesn't always go well( I think Sum will have an average to good result next week by the way) As I have a lot of tech/ biotech stock heavily in the red its nice to have some money to move and play around with instead of watching most of your portfolio in stagnation mode.
    I'm sorry to see you say that Couta, especially as the 50 EMA has just crossed the 200 EMA. Please take this with all the best intention - you should take a look at the 'using TA to time your exists and entries' thread, it really helped me define my entry and exist strategies. Especially as the two of us started investing at roughly the same time, into roughly the same companies - CNU, XRO, DIL, SUM. I think your timing on all of them has not followed a strategy, more your gut, which I think has lead you poorly at times, and given I don't think you're FA skills are particularly strong (neither are mine) I wonder how you're justifying your movements.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Trix View Post
    I'm sorry to see you say that Couta, especially as the 50 EMA has just crossed the 200 EMA. Please take this with all the best intention - you should take a look at the 'using TA to time your exists and entries' thread, it really helped me define my entry and exist strategies. Especially as the two of us started investing at roughly the same time, into roughly the same companies - CNU, XRO, DIL, SUM. I think your timing on all of them has not followed a strategy, more your gut, which I think has lead you poorly at times, and given I don't think you're FA skills are particularly strong (neither are mine) I wonder how you're justifying your movements.

Fair enough MT but as long as iI make a profit when I sell something I'm happy and the way I look at it is some of the other stocks I've purchased with my Sum money are currently showing good entry and top up points so six one half a dozen the other but I hear what your saying re gut instinct but having said that I have given myself to studying TA of late but I have many reasons for selling my Sum holding,cheers

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    Indeed. Really hope you were joking Couta. Why would you sell out now that the stock has truly begun to recover???

Today was a great day indeed, nearly $20k up in one day just on SUM....
    Yeah you are right mate.

Well you know a LOT more than me about the entire sector so I can't fault you on that part - just make sure to keep posting on other threads... and this one if you have anything to share

Banned

Well you know a LOT more than me about the entire sector so I can't fault you on that part - just make sure to keep posting on other threads... and this one if you have anything to share
    Cheers and good wishes to all holders, will keep you all informed if anything relavent comes to my knowledge that im free to share with you, i should really post less often overall as its easy to catch forumitis aye