sharetrader
Page 291 of 971 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341391791 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 9701

New guy and gv...in the past I've been cocky....no offence but you guys must be young...nothing wrong with that at all. It's a funny old world sometimes.....do not forget a bloke called Murthy...go we'll

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    New guy and gv...in the past I've been cocky....no offence but you guys must be young...nothing wrong with that at all. It's a funny old world sometimes.....do not forget a bloke called Murthy...go we'll
    Yeah as you see it. I made my mistakes but since last yr, you can see I have done the homework. I have given honest opinions on stocks that was pumped up and advised against it. With SUM, I bought over few years and have accumulated recently below $3. I know Mgment has not been upright with things But as s/holders you can do something about..This CO is not GFC type or SNK. Producing income and pays Div + growth.
    Last edited by gv1; 19-02-2015 at 08:07 PM.

All the retirement companies on the ASX are rallying. SUM could be getting attention because it was seen as the only undervalued aged care company on the NZX?

Like most on here I would have been happy to top up SUM for below $3 before the whole drama started flying and the directors not taking responsibly. I'll keep watching and decide my course of action as to hold or accumulate.

Right now RYM has my attention and will continue to if it heads towards $7-$7.50.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    Good for you couta..........I became a better investor after I learnt more about TA......certainly teaches you about when and when not to enter.
    It can also make you too twitchy, a watched pot never boils. Every few months most stocks throw off one sell signal or another. People have no patience anymore. Just have a look at a ten year chart or Ramsay healthcare to see what patience can do for you.

If you want to be a trader then you will need to know TA inside out , if on the other hand you want to be an investor then you need to learn patience.
    Last edited by ratkin; 20-02-2015 at 12:19 PM.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    It can also make you too twitchy, a watched pot never boils. Every few months most stocks throw off one sell signal or another. People have no patience anymore. Just have a look at a ten year chart or Ramsay healthcare to see what patience can do for you.

If you want to be a trader then you will need to know TA inside out , if on the other hand you want to be an investor then you need to learn patience.
    Yes, a lot of truth in that, ratty. I'm basically a longterm investor but application of a few simple TA "rules" has kept me out of a few bad "longterm" investments and improved my timing in other cases. As for SUM, I'm there - longterm?

Guru

I must admit - given past history with SUM - I am a bit sceptical that there may be some inside information trading or leaked information with this latest price increase so close to a results announcement.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 20-02-2015 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I must admit - given past history with SUM - I am a bit sceptical that there may be some inside information trading or leaked information with this latest price increase so close to a results announcement.
    I have to agree, thought about selling some of my holding today but LT shes a goody I think & it does seem to be a leaky ship...

so holding

Director nomination time ... just wondering, given that the board seemed to be at least in the past sometimes in need of direction - anybody on here wants to give it a go?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

I nominate Roger.

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    I nominate Roger.
    Norah loves me I'd love to but I doubt my blood pressure pills would be effective working with SUM's management and other board members. I'd have to double down on my meds
    Sorry, as you were folks I couldn't resist. I did refrain from commenting on the recent SP rise just before the annual announcement so I did well to hold my tongue there and made no reference whatsoever to more leaks than a sieve.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-02-2015 at 11:20 AM.