sharetrader
Page 303 of 970 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313353403803 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 9700
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Many villages now offer rest home level care in their serviced apartments so no vacancy or move necessary...
    That is fine if the resident had bought a licence to occupy one of the serviced apartments, provided that the resident in their apartment can be adequately attended to. What proportion of licences to occupy are for serviced apartments in the various villages?

It would be good if rest home level care could extend to all the free standing and non-serviced units in the complex too. Maybe with tech. advances it could become possible to provide improved remote monitoring/communication coupled with round the clock visits.

Banned

Bjauck rest home level care is available to those without a licence to occupy also until a bed becomes available in the rest home itself.

Guru

I understand that village rest homes are open to others, who have not already got a licence to occupy in the same village.

Are you also saying that, in some villages, someone who has a licence to occupy an unserviced unit, could move into a serviced apartment (if available) with rest home level care as a temporary measure (on a rental basis?), until there was a vacancy in the village rest home? That would certainly be an extra attraction for a village. Which companies/villages currently offer that facility?
    Last edited by Bjauck; 21-06-2015 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    People get old, our fathers and our mothers, they move into retirement villages, we get that. What follows though is what SUM need to focus on. Some pour souls lose their faculties, others lose their health, worse even, some lose both. Even worse than that though, is some suffer either or both before they are old, not that they would know about it. Late-life, and early needy residents require health-providers who administer these pathways to accommodate all eventualities. This is an opportunity, to provide care, not a problem to be avoided. There is little that is more tragic and debilitating than for the aged who become infirmed, or the unfortunate, to have to be forced to leave their post-retirement / early late-life surroundings and be moved to a strange and uncomfortable existence in some other establishment. Does SUM get this? Are they missing the point? that late-life care of the infirmed, which almost all are in some way, is very profitable while at the same time very consoling and comforting to the resident and the bill payer -usually the one who has EPA.
    Very well said. When I was down in Chch recently Percy showed Noodles and I around one of Ryman's facilities there, summing it up, its in another league compared to what SUM does. SUM's development margins still nothing like RYM or MET's..both in the 21% plus league. My good mate Norah is right, SUM as a company is just a teenager coming of age, still with a heck of a lot to learn.
    Disc - Own RYM and MET.
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-06-2015 at 04:07 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I understand that village rest homes are open to others, who have not already got a licence to occupy in the same village.

Are you also saying that, in some villages, someone who has a licence to occupy an unserviced unit, could move into a serviced apartment (if available) with rest home level care as a temporary measure (on a rental basis?), until there was a vacancy in the village rest home? That would certainly be an extra attraction for a village. Which companies/villages currently offer that facility?
    Its makes no difference whether a person currently owns an independent apartment(With a licence to occupy) or a serviced apartment(With a licence to occupy) or comes from the community and needs rest home level care, if there is no rest home bed/s available then in any of the 3 situations mentioned the person can receive rest home level care in a serviced apartment in a Ryman facility until a bed becomes available in the rest home section. It also doesn't make any difference whether the person is fully private paying or receives a Govt subsidy in order to obtain this care, hope this helps.
    Last edited by couta1; 21-06-2015 at 07:25 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Its makes no difference whether a person currently owns an independent apartment(With a licence to occupy) or a serviced apartment(With a licence to occupy) or comes from the community and needs rest home level care, if there is no rest home bed/s available then in any of the 3 situations mentioned the person can receive rest home level care in a serviced apartment in a Ryman facility until a bed becomes available in the rest home section. It also doesn't make any difference whether the person is fully private paying or receives a Govt subsidy in order to obtain this care, hope this helps.
    A good service from Ryman indeed. I presume that temporary accommodation in the serviced apartment for both an "outsider" and a local resident would be charged at a "premium" to the Government rest home means-tested subsidy? I would have imagined that outsiders would just have been put on the waiting list, if there had been no room in the rest home itself.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    And, IMHO, that's the ideal time to buy and hold a stock, not once its matured like RYM.
    Hey NG Ryman are a long way off being mature in a growth sense it's just their management that are grown up.

Just saying...my neck is becoming a little crook....looking up...(much like CEN at 730).....at the SP...hope it doesn't worsen....just saying...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    Just saying...my neck is becoming a little crook....looking up...(much like CEN at 730).....at the SP...hope it doesn't worsen....just saying...
    Next 2 quarters metrics will determine if it stays up and continues to rise or reverts back to being a steam train stuck at the rail station for an extended stop.

I haven't followed this post in depth for some time. Couta1, I am surprised you have sold? To me, indications are warm, that this stock is still to spring North. Perhaps a bit slower than expected, yet not much. Happy days ahead, I believe.