sharetrader
Page 401 of 971 FirstFirst ... 301351391397398399400401402403404405411451501901 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 9701
    Guru

Just a quick check and Auckland house prices rose by a small amount from dec-2015 to dec 2016 (dont know where that -10% came from

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Just a quick check and Auckland house prices rose by a small amount from dec-2015 to dec 2016 (dont know where that -10% came from
    That was steves number .....what the price of houses he was interested in had fallen by over the last few months.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Id be surprised if that was indicative of the Auckland market in general..guess its worth checking
    REINZ Median Price Auckland Region

Dec15 770k
    Sep16 825k
    Oct16 868k
    Nov16 852k
    Dec16 840k

So down 3.2% since Oct16 (2 months) ....still up 9.1% from a year ago

Crash under way as some think ....or just a consolidation at elevated levels ...or just a little lull before it heads to a milion.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    That was steves number .....what the price of houses he was interested in had fallen by over the last few months.
    It definitely decreased by about 10% for me. But that doesnt mean the house price has fallen 10%. Because I am looking at the "listing price" not the actually settlement price. Maybe sellers are putting more "reasonable" price now because it's under pressure and volume decreased so much. In the peak time, in terms of value and volume, i think sellers put really high price and hope they could sell it.

Veteran novice

SUM 2016 results to be released pre-market on Thursday, 23 February.

again ..again...why do folk continue to focus on house prices...on a post relating to a retirement entity...honestly ..do you think that folk will worry a rats a....... THEY will continue to occupy same.....give me breath...

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    again ..again...why do folk continue to focus on house prices...on a post relating to a retirement entity...honestly ..do you think that folk will worry a rats a....... THEY will continue to occupy same.....give me breath...
    its all part of a massive land boom troy, just like 1880's and 1980's , so, while it isn't specifically relevant to Summerset it is all part of the same rising tide.
    And just so I have something positive to say, today my aunty told me she is in a Summerset village and loves it.

My analysis of Summerset says its a bit overpriced but cheaper than Ryman , and if my aunty likes it then it must be a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    its all part of a massive land boom troy, just like 1880's and 1980's , so, while it isn't specifically relevant to Summerset it is all part of the same rising tide.
    And just so I have something positive to say, today my aunty told me she is in a Summerset village and loves it.

My analysis of Summerset says its a bit overpriced but cheaper than Ryman , and if my aunty likes it then it must be a winner.
    Just to jump on the endorsement band wagon... A family friend with terminal cancer has just moved into a Summerset village and she is over the moon. Great support and nice surroundings. She researched this a lot before making the jump and so far it has exceeded her expectations.

Macquaries bullish on retirement sector and even raised their target for SUM (finally seeing the light of day). Even $6 is cheap

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/9...n-novemberhtml

Extract -

While Macquarie was less upbeat on house prices, it continued to rate all three companies at 'outperform' and said it is "still positive" on the sector. Its target price for Metlifecare remains unchanged at $7.25 as the impact of lower house price inflation is offset by a reduction in the risk free rate and an increase in historical unit price inflation. Metlifecare is currently trading unchanged at $5.50.

Macquarie lowered its Ryman target price to $10 from $11 and the stock is trading at $8.40. It increased the target price on Summerset to $6 from $5.60, again as the increase in forecast resales volumes and increase in historic unit price inflation outweighed the reduction in its house price inflation assumption. Summerset is currently trading at $4.71, down 0.2 percent.
    Last edited by winner69; 19-01-2017 at 07:09 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question Better than Random picks from the retirement sector

I am down 3% on my belief that they are right and that SUM is a good bet.

And up 17% in the same time frame on my belief in ARV.

Not so keen on RYM and MET at the moment.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum