sharetrader
Page 404 of 970 FirstFirst ... 304354394400401402403404405406407408414454504904 ... LastLast
Results 4,031 to 4,040 of 9700

Disc: Long term I love the retirement story and SUM the best value in my opinion but as noted earlier there are risks and I am fairly cautious. That said the technical signals are looking much stronger for SUM in recent days so I am watching closely. Looks highly likely to break up through the 100 day moving average any day now.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I think that's the key: Long term is great, short term there are different elements to consider

Personally, I'm still developing my strategy, but one thing I have cemented my thinking on, is that even if shares are good long term no matter what, I always consider them as a short term buy, because that way I can make hay on other short term stocks to get more money for long term ones, and also so I can best time my entry into long term ones to get the best results.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    I think that's the key: Long term is great, short term there are different elements to consider

Personally, I'm still developing my strategy, but one thing I have cemented my thinking on, is that even if shares are good long term no matter what, I always consider them as a short term buy, because that way I can make hay on other short term stocks to get more money for long term ones, and also so I can best time my entry into long term ones to get the best results.
    I am sure as a young raver you had a wise father, uncle ,mother, or aunty,who advised you to take care,as you may have to marry that person.
    Shares are the same.Take your time looking over the field, and choose wisely.,.....
    With the ageing population you will find SUM a wise choice,for a long happy life together.!!....lol.
    Last edited by percy; 28-01-2017 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Disc: Long term I love the retirement story and SUM the best value in my opinion but as noted earlier there are risks and I am fairly cautious. That said the technical signals are looking much stronger for SUM in recent days so I am watching closely. Looks highly likely to break up through the 100 day moving average any day now.
    And there she goes.... strongly up through the 100 day MA on a very weak day on the NZX. The above post was "code speak" for I bought some, in case anyone was wondering
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

And there she goes.... strongly up through the 100 day MA on a very weak day on the NZX. The above post was "code speak" for I bought some, in case anyone was wondering
    You must have bought SUM of mine then, I'm only interested in 2 stocks currently and they both begin with an A, I'm sure you can guess what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    You must have bought SUM of mine then, I'm only interested in 2 stocks currently and they both begin with an A, I'm sure you can guess what they are.
    I have changed my view on the future level of immigration since Trump went feral. I believe people will want to come to safe, clean and green, uncorrupt little ol N.Z. in their droves. Hundreds of thousands of them over the next few years, desperate to escape the madness that exists in much of the rest of the world. Hugely supportive of medium term future house prices and development margins although we might see a slight housing correction this year I no longer think it will be deep or meaningful.

I have changed my view on the future level of immigration since Trump went feral. I believe people will want to come to safe, clean and green, uncorrupt little ol N.Z. in their droves. Hundreds of thousands of them over the next few years, desperate to escape the madness that exists in much of the rest of the world. Hugely supportive of medium term future house prices and development margins although we might see a slight housing correction this year I no longer think it will be deep or meaningful.
    +1 to this opinion, hope you're holding THL too for this exact reason

Banned

Sum and RYM are both great companies and stocks to own but my attention has turned to frying other fish at this point in time.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Since when has 'artland been spelt without an H.!????

Extract: The average value of a New Zealand home rose 13.5 percent to $631,302 in January versus the same month a year earlier, data from state-owned valuer Quotable Value showed.

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/c...17-says-qvhtml

No worries
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”