sharetrader
Page 417 of 970 FirstFirst ... 317367407413414415416417418419420421427467517917 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,170 of 9700
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/253843.pdf

To be fair MET's latest result and outlook doesn't look too bad. Heaps of embedded value that's for sure ! When you're the trailing horse of the field in terms of value and past development performance you've got plenty of room for improvement whereas how RYM provide outperformance from here given their perfected systems I have no idea whatsoever.
    I still hold MET in part as a recovery shareholding.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    As NZ allows it, if you are a wealthy foreign investor looking for diversification and/or capital appreciation and/ or a potential safe haven, why wold you want the risk and hassle of tenants.
    And in this quote is everything I hate about property and government (both major parties are responsible) in NZ. Makes me mad just thinking about it.

IMO

We have a great prop manager who deals to everything for 7% of weekly Rental charge. ; real easy, top quality sevice;and great value.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Meters were "introduced" some years ago in Wellington on an optional basis. The deal included a lower base water charge for those who were metered and charged according to usage, ie it suited lower consumption but not heavy users of water. I don't know how successful this proved to be.
    The council web site says that about 1200 properties have installed a water meter (so not very successful!).

I pay about $460 annually for water -- and additionally for both sewerage ($400) and stormwater ($240). For that I am allowed to drink, pee and storm as much as I like (sometimes I am told to hold the hose and not sprinkle).

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    We have a great prop manager who deals to everything for 7% of weekly Rental charge. ; real easy, top quality sevice;and great value.
    Definitely worth the money if you have a proactive good one...an awful lot of mediocre and worse performers in that industry in my experience.

Bjauck, yeah I picked up a few MET today just as a diversification strategy rather than getting too big in any one share in the sector. (Can't see any value in the other two).

I think the whole sector will do extremely well for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-03-2017 at 04:44 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Bjauck, yeah I picked up a few MET today just as a diversification strategy rather than getting too big in any one share in the sector. (Can't see any value in the other two).
    I think the whole sector will do extremely well for the foreseeable future.
    So that explains the slight drop in SUM and the 3% increase in MET SP for the day!

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    The council web site says that about 1200 properties have installed a water meter (so not very successful!).

I pay about $460 annually for water -- and additionally for both sewerage ($400) and stormwater ($240). For that I am allowed to drink, pee and storm as much as I like (sometimes I am told to hold the hose and not sprinkle).
    Always good practice to hold the hose and not sprinkle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    So that explains the slight drop in SUM and the 3% increase in MET SP for the day!
    LOL I didn't sell any SUM. Ex divvy today...keep my snout close to the ground for any opportunity.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Assuming $21m (+31%) underlying profit for F17 that's 6.3 cents a share and PE of 21/22 (not historical)

Seems like ARV is liked by the market already - even more so than SUM - good effort by the NE boy on the block

t_j will be pleased
    Pleased for all the SUM holders, and very pleased with ARV, not only with their share price performance, but also that people are actually talking and comparing "the dog" ARV. Looking forward to Oceania Healthcare.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Pleased for all the SUM holders, and very pleased with ARV, not only with their share price performance, but also that people are actually talking and comparing "the dog" ARV. Looking forward to Oceania Healthcare.
    Article behind the paywall on NBR a few days ago about the owners looking for a trade sale or float. Owners and investment bankers have been talking about this behind the scenes for a very, very, very long time now. We'll see if it happens. Development book isn't great and that's where the real money is.
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-03-2017 at 09:54 AM.