sharetrader
Page 462 of 970 FirstFirst ... 362412452458459460461462463464465466472512562962 ... LastLast
Results 4,611 to 4,620 of 9699
    percy

Gunny.
    Great posts.
    Thank you.

Gunny - great post. A fairly typical story, the great majority of people really like the retirement homes run by Summerset, Ryman, Metlifecare etc. As Iceman says, we are indeed fortunate in NZ compared to many other countries.

disc. Hold SUM, possible future resident as well! If SUM drops a bit more I'll buy a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by Robomo View Post
    Gunny - great post. A fairly typical story, the great majority of people really like the retirement homes run by Summerset, Ryman, Metlifecare etc. As Iceman says, we are indeed fortunate in NZ compared to many other countries.

disc. Hold SUM, possible future resident as well! If SUM drops a bit more I'll buy a few more.
    +1... Agree 100%
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Might get a bit of Ryman money recycling back into SUM once holders compare the current relative growth rates.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Might get a bit of Ryman money recycling back into SUM once holders compare the current relative growth rates.
    SUM RYM shareholders might be very disappointed to see Simon leaving too. Leaders of that caliber are extremely thin on the ground in N.Z. business circles. No question he's done an extraordinary job over a very long time with RYM. SUM people might think RYM's golden run has SUM what petered out.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Co-founder Kevin Hickman appointed Simon. Kevin remains,and the appointement of Gordon MacLeod means RYM remains in good hands.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Co-founder Kevin Hickman appointed Simon. Kevin remains,and the appointement of Gordon MacLeod means RYM remains in good hands.
    Yes still in good hands, yet Simon had a unique way of relating to all people from the residents upwards, and that will be missed. Market feeling a bit sad re Simon going and the failure to reach the 15% level, it will hit its straps again, but not over the next while. Meanwhile SUM offers a fast growing alternative.

Yes still in good hands, yet Simon had a unique way of relating to all people from the residents upwards, and that will be missed. Market feeling a bit sad re Simon going and the failure to reach the 15% level, it will hit its straps again, but not over the next while. Meanwhile SUM offers a fast growing alternative.
    Not sure if it's a good approach but out of my retirement stocks I have 55% in SUM and the other 45% in MET and RYM. Think I'll keep it that way for the foreseeable future.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Not sure if it's a good approach but out of my retirement stocks I have 55% in SUM and the other 45% in MET and RYM. Think I'll keep it that way for the foreseeable future.
    Sounds reasonable, although I prefer to use % of total portfolio, which SUM currently makes up around 25%. Actually I guess it all comes down to how much of your total wealth is in the market for percentages to make real sense. For me, other than the basic family home and a small kiwisaver, everything is in the market.

percy

Yes a special person.
    I am more than happy to hold our "free" RYM.
    I did recently add to our "free" SUM .I remain well positioed.