sharetrader
Page 48 of 971 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148548 ... LastLast
    Guru

Seeing through Rose Tinted Glasses when the sun is shining makes life seem more rosy looking
    Disc Hold

percy

To be named best retirement village operator for the fourth year is a great achievement.Well done.!

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Winner with the ever increasing need and demand I think it would take a very foolish Government to interfere in this sector unless they want poorer levels of care as a spin of which I think Labour/Greens would be even more adverse to than National
    I was just going to say the same thing. The government is completely not set up to deal with the volume of people moving into retirement age. Unless they have an alternative, they would not risk the private investment going on in this sector.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldstein View Post
    I was just going to say the same thing. The government is completely not set up to deal with the volume of people moving into retirement age. Unless they have an alternative, they would not risk the private investment going on in this sector.
    That is if you assume any Government is entirely rational...

Banned

When dozens of families start contacting the media re their relatives terrible care due to any funding shortfalls they will quickly become rational

National have recognised the ever increasing need for specilaist care in the Dementia sector and in recent budgets has boosted funding is this area. Cunliffe doesn't stike me as being complelty stupid, just wants toi give the little guy a fairer deal. We are extremly well positioned.
    Minimum living wage issues ($18.40 per hour) could be likely to become as issue in the forseeable future and could affect those companies who have made promises to fix their tenants fees for life (i.e. Ryman).

I would have thought winning this award would have been worth a few cents of value on the shares, (Net present value of all the future business and cash flow benifets of winning)...effectivly they're better value today @ $3.38 with this award that before it at $3.37 on Friday, in my view.
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-11-2013 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    National have recognised the ever increasing need for specilaist care in the Dementia sector and in recent budgets has boosted funding is this area. Cunliffe doesn't stike me as being complelty stupid, just wants toi give the little guy a fairer deal. We are extremly well positioned.
    Minimum living wage issues ($18.40 per hour) could be likely to become as issue in the forseeable future and could affect those companies who have made promises to fix their tenants fees for life (i.e. Ryman).

I would have thought winning this award would have been worth a few cents of value on the shares, (Net present value of all the future business and cash flow benifets of winning)...effectivly they're better value today @ $3.38 with this award that before it at $3.37 on Friday, in my view.
    Personally, I would have expected the news to bring this bird a little higher. As the general tone on this thread is of optimism, it seems that has not set in entirely into the stock price.

But we all can wait, if sparky taught me anything it was patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Dej View Post
    Personally, I would have expected the news to bring this bird a little higher. As the general tone on this thread is of optimism, it seems that has not set in entirely into the stock price.

But we all can wait, if sparky taught me anything it was patience.
    Yes, sage advice my friend. I see we're now at $3.37 so Mr Market is saying the granting of this prestigious award for the fourth year running is meaningless and of no commercial value to the company, which is clearly nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Yes, sage advice my friend. I see we're now at $3.37 so Mr Market is saying the granting of this prestigious award for the fourth year running is meaningless and of no commercial value to the company, which is clearly nonsense.
    Yeah baffles me, this is the sort of behavior that I expected when we had the sell down in place, e.g. a retrace on price after any news as they sold; but thats gone now so…. I got no explanation!

Banned

I'm a little disappointed that I can't find a single news article covering today's prestigious announcement, but what we're seeing still I think is a continuation and perhaps a tailing off of short term profit taking following the Quadrant exit and the downward pressure on the SP that comes with it. All good things come with a little patience.