sharetrader
Page 49 of 971 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149549 ... LastLast

It might be an advantage for those looking for a top up?

Advanced Member

shhhh i'm buying more.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dej View Post
    Yeah baffles me, this is the sort of behavior that I expected when we had the sell down in place, e.g. a retrace on price after any news as they sold; but thats gone now so…. I got no explanation!
    I havn't either apart from the residual effect of short term profit taking by investors who got in a little while ago @ $3.10 ex the quandrant sell-down. By really...that sell-down itself and finally getting rid of that massive overhang is a positive driver for SP appreciation in itself and there's been quite a bit of other news and positive developments since then.

Buying opportunity ?

Banned

Now I have to decide to buy some RYM or go ballistic on Sum and bury what's left of my big loss CNU sellout into it giving me over 200k shares? Decisions decisions

Advanced Member

Just bought some more at $3.35. It hit now 15% of my portfolio so by my rules I have to stop buying now.

Banned

Hi Silu, Its currently making up 50% of mine and may even buy more I'm not worried about rules with this stock just tripling my money in 5 years hopefully (Doubling on the low side)

Advanced Member

Good Luck. I have made some expensive mistakes when I fell in love with a stock that's why I'm spreading my holdings around now. I don't have the mental attitude towards aggressive swings anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Hi Silu, Its currently making up 50% of mine and may even buy more I'm not worried about rules with this stock just tripling my money in 5 years hopefully (Doubling on the low side)
    I'm not judging, but a comment on your circumstances may be that you are feeling a bit of pain as the outcome of not having investing rules, or understanding your own investment personality. I know you said you've recently moved your money from the banks into the share market, and have quickly learned it can at times be a very unforgiving mistress.

I think most people here have reflected on what type of investor they are and written, or at the very least considered rules that allow them to play to their personality types and stay out of trouble.

For me I am at the beginning of both my investing 'career' and literal 'career, and know that I can be a little freer with my rules as time is on my side. But you've said you will be working for a couple more years because of what the government has done in regard to CNU. I don't want to perhaps point out the obvious but this may in some part also be because of a lack of rules you have 'written' for yourself to try and play the market by.

A balanced and well considered portfolio going into retirement age might be better aligned to your circumstances compared to one where you want to 'double your money in 5 years'. There's no such thing as get rich quick in the share market, if it happens it often happens by accident.

The investment personality your playing to and your personal circumstances may not necessarily be currently aligned, especially if luck turning on a share means you will be working for longer and retiring later.

Just trying to help
    Last edited by Mista_Trix; 11-11-2013 at 04:40 PM. Reason: idiotic spelling

I'm feeling a bit like Monty Python's Mr Creosote as far as SUM goes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXH_12QWWg8

There are only 18000 more wafer thin shares at $3.35 (as I write this)

I'm feeling a bit like Monty Python's Mr Creosote as far as SUM goes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXH_12QWWg8

There are only 18000 more wafer thin shares at $3.35 (as I write this)