sharetrader
Page 54 of 970 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154554 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Hi Troy, Yes I am aware of the share split with Rymans yes maybe correction is the wrong word choice but regardless Met has run ahead of itself on no proven extra results to date, Sum has ticked all the boxes and I'm just trying to help members to put their money in the best space if they are tossing up between the 3 companies but I've said enough so will shut up now, thanks
    Don't get ST wrong we value your opinion and tbh you have really livened up the SUM thread, so please keep posting.

Troy I think what's more important at the moment for members is which of the big three is currently the best buy and to me Sum stands out, as I said earlier Met has run ahead of itself based only on a buy in from a couple of descent stakeholders (noticed it had a small correction today) but needs a couple more before it becomes a buy IMHO,Rym is fully priced but with half yearly report due out Nov21st worth buying some just as a trade as you can be sure it will spike after the 21st, which leaves Sum as the pick of the bunch as a current buy regardless of future valuations
    Is there anyone else like me that holds about the same amount for all 3? is that a good or bad idea?

Banned

Hi Apac, I'm mearnt to be shutting up but I did hold equal amounts of Sum and Ryman before my CNU disaster but now have way more Sum and happy to have it that way never held Met and wouldn't buy them at current prices I guess it depends on if you go by diversification or one basket school of thought they should all continue to do well at the end of the day

Hi Apac, I'm mearnt to be shutting up but I did hold equal amounts of Sum and Ryman before my CNU disaster but now have way more Sum and happy to have it that way never held Met and wouldn't buy them at current prices I guess it depends on if you go by diversification or one basket school of thought they should all continue to do well at the end of the day
    sweet thanks Couta

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by apac View Post
    Is there anyone else like me that holds about the same amount for all 3? is that a good or bad idea?
    I do now. Previously only owned RYM. Sold down that a bit and bought into MET. Took place in the SPP and thn slid down a bit last week and entered SUM.

I previously thought MET was the best to be overweight in but with the recent rise, I now think SUM is - it is smaller so will be able to maintain higher growth rates for longer.

Guru

I have put equal amounts into RYM MET and SUM. However I started investing into RYM some years ago, with the consequence that my stake is now worth about 3 times more than the others. I still top up with SUM, although I now have no more available fresh funds so would need to reduce RYM, which I am reluctant to do, given their proven comparatively long track record.I consider RYM, SUM and MET to be represent differing risk levels and are at differing points in company maturity and, while in the same sector, they are complementary investments.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 13-11-2013 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Explanation

I'm boots and all in SUM having sold out completly of Ryman. I wouldn't own Met until they can prove they can manage their assets better.

I used to own both SUM and MET. Now just SUM. Been averaging up since $2.53. As Mr Creosote says, 'Better get a bucket.'

I hold equal amounts (in terms of shares) of both RYM and SUM, but no MET. Have considered selling down RYM to add to SUM, but for various reasons decided against it.

IMO holding all three fine, although personally I prefer to stick with just the two main players who have proven records.

I only hold SUM, I was too late getting on the RYM bandwagon, have being topping up during the opportunities that arise, and have enough to help diversifty my portfolio. Need to start topping up HNZ now.