sharetrader
Page 55 of 970 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155555 ... LastLast
    Dilettante

I've sold 50% of my RYM holding this year and put all of the proceeds into SUM. Have since been accumulating more SUM and the ratio now is 25% RYM and 75% SUM with the retirement sector being around 28% of my NZ portfolio.
    Back in 1994 I thought the retirement sector would be a good investment and bought MET but was forced to sell in 1999 and haven't held MET since

Veteran novice

I hold all three - RYM from way back and the others more recently. I originally intended to switch entirely to RYM but have revised that "strategy" in the light of SUM's recent performance. May still eventually switch out of MET which I consider to be not quite of the quality of the other two.

Woops, had to edit to correct my mistake.

Norah Barlow (SUM CEO) won the Business Person of the Year at "The Wellys" awards tonight, however apparently wasn't there due to being in London receiving another award for SUM.
    Last edited by Latama; 13-11-2013 at 11:16 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Latama View Post
    SUM won the "Professional Services & Infrastructure Providers" award at the Wellington Gold Awards tonight. Obviously not the biggest award out there, but not bad nonetheless!
    Crumbs, there cannot be many awards left to win.

I'm astonished the media aren’t all over a fantastic success story like this, especially given recent concerns about the industry, does anyone know any editors ?

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    Crumbs, there cannot be many awards left to win.

I'm astonished the media aren’t all over a fantastic success story like this, especially given recent concerns about the industry, does anyone know any editors ?
    Had the awards mixed up, sorry. Corrected my original post Gold Awards was a while back now.

Guru

NZHerald is planning a beat up (per Whale Oil) so no surprises

Guru

NZHerald is planning a beat up (per Whale Oil) so no surprises there.

Typical of their biased reporting. Bad news sells copy...and seeing as everyone's online now, they really need to sell copy.
    They wouldn't be the slightest bit interested in undertaking in-depth good news reporting on the best of breed even in normal times.
    I'll just keep accumulating as and when spare funds allow.

Down 7 cents last week when international markets are strong, the other retirement sector stocks remained strong and SUM won best Retirement Village Operator of the Year in Australasia for the fourth year running... and this after recently getting their premier Hobsonville site plans approved by Council. Go figure ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-11-2013 at 10:31 AM. Reason: My spelling is even worse than usual on a Monday morning

So essentially we need some bad news for the SP to start heading north again? haha.