sharetrader
Page 558 of 971 FirstFirst ... 58458508548554555556557558559560561562568608658 ... LastLast
Results 5,571 to 5,580 of 9701

...you been down at the free booze evening they hold at SUM villages on Friday Percy ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    I'm sorry to say this Beagle but that makes me feel a bit better!! I've had an awful few months with seemingly everything I own dropping in value including ARV, SUM, MPG, TWR, ZEL and TNR so at least yours is just a week! I've never had such a bad run across a wide range of my stocks just a few months ago I did not have one red in my portfolio!
    I am sure you are not alone-most of us will have experienced bad runs and learnt from it so that we can be more successful in the future.I dont know most of your stocks but have learnt to invest in stocks which have good fundamentals and promising futures.The lower the risk the better for the peace of my mind.Portfolios need the right balance.Listen to everyones opinion-particularly on sharetrader as topics are debated and no poster is always right

Summerset is a good stock to hold longterm and you should have around a 10 year timeframe for this stock and ignore short-term fluctuations in price.
    I get a dividend whilst they are investing in the future and growing.I only look at the price to see if its timely to invest more.

They know how to market(even advertising in the latest doctor magazine-patients often discuss retirement homes with us)

Banned

I'm sorry to say this Beagle but that makes me feel a bit better!! I've had an awful few months with seemingly everything I own dropping in value including ARV, SUM, MPG, TWR, ZEL and TNR so at least yours is just a week! I've never had such a bad run across a wide range of my stocks just a few months ago I did not have one red in my portfolio!
    Have been in that position many times and bar one stock, are currently totally in the red. Due to my modus operandi I've learnt to relax and not worry about it too much, so the main thing I've learned is not to panic. Apart from this stock I'm primarily a divvy chaser and take large positions to obtain large divvies, this often means large red arrows on the post divvy drop which seems to be worse than normal currently due to election jitters.

percy

Your post made me do some checking.
    I had a portfolio update from Craigs on 14/9/2017 and compared it with the last update on 7/6/2017.
    My portfolio is up 12.6% while the wife's is up 7.45% .
    The big winners have been OIC up from $1.00 to $1.88,ALF up from .065 to .087,HBL up from $1.71 to $1.84 with divie to come,OCA up from .82 to .95,and in Aussie AQZ up from .90 to $1,17 and LOV up from $3.60 to $4.98.
    Pleasantly surprised,and looking forward to the flood of divies hitting my bank a/c soon..
    Last edited by percy; 16-09-2017 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Hoop,Phaedrus,KW,Belgarion,Steve Fleming,Mark 100,Lizard,Noodles,Sparky The Clown,Moosie......all gone....So much knowledge,so much sound advice,so much wisdom,so much humour,so many friendship,so many fresh ideas,all gone.???
    I visited the Hobsonville Summerset on the park village a while back. Beautiful tranquil waterfront setting, it was a perfect sunny day, we'd just won the America's cup that morning, there wasn't a cloud in the sky, even the tide played ball and was fully in. People seem happy there in that tranquil environment and I chatted to the village manager and head sales lady I realized this place was in extremely capable hands, well managed and a place of harmony where residents where treated with respect and dignity. Its definitely quieter than some other environments but there's a quiet satisfaction in the peace and camaraderie one has with fellow residents living in a supportive caring environment...and you wonder why some people migrate elsewhere...
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-09-2017 at 09:34 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Default Are they gone?

Hoop,Phaedrus,KW,Belgarion,Steve Fleming,Mark 100,Lizard,Noodles,Sparky The Clown,Moosie......all gone....So much knowledge,so much sound advice,so much wisdom,so much humour,so many friendship,so many fresh ideas,all gone.???
    Only gone from the SUM thread or in whole?
    Probably looking into the future and watching from the sideline. Perhaps their SUM winnings took them to greener pastures. Very green in Eketahuna... passig through. Wonder if SUM or other retirement operators are considering rural NZ for lower land prices and a very kiwi setting with peace, farming and green as far as the eye can see. Riverton is where I'd operate a retirement villa. The beautiful South, plenty of space too.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
    Only gone from the SUM thread or in whole?
    Probably looking into the future and watching from the sideline. Perhaps their SUM winnings took them to greener pastures. Very green in Eketahuna... passig through. Wonder if SUM or other retirement operators are considering rural NZ for lower land prices and a very kiwi setting with peace, farming and green as far as the eye can see. Riverton is where I'd operate a retirement villa. The beautiful South, plenty of space too.
    Left Share Trader.
    All still very serious investors.
    Last edited by percy; 16-09-2017 at 12:27 PM.

Left Share Trader.
    All still very serious investors.
    I reckon SUM should reflect on why they left...
    Suppose I better post SUM thing so as I can technically be on topic.
    Wonder what the development margin will be for the full year after such a stunning jump in the first half ? 30% ?
    Winner, maybe my estimate of $85-90m is a bit conservative. Wonder when the one that is smiling like a Cheshire cat will let the cat out of the bag with a forecast upgrade ? Contemporaneously with Q3 sales metrics in early October perhaps ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-09-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Advanced Member

Up and down like a yo yo...... Traders will be making the most on this stock with current market conditions with SUM

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Up and down like a yo yo...... Traders will be making the most on this stock with current market conditions with SUM
    Most stocks are pretty unproductive at the moment due to the election, even the good divvy stocks have dropped around double the value of the divvy or more. Traders probably doing better than most.