sharetrader
Page 562 of 971 FirstFirst ... 62462512552558559560561562563564565566572612662 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,620 of 9701

Not a great quarter and not a bad quarter, hopefully they deliver in Q4.

"The group is on track to deliver 450 retirement units for the year. A large number of retirement unit deliveries have been late in the third quarter which will reflect in settlement volumes in the fourth quarter”.

SUMMERSET GROUP HOLDINGS FY16A FY17F FY18F
    Average number of retirement properties 2624 3053 3500
    * Average resale margin on new and existing properties ($) 82,640 90,250 95,500
    * Average management and membership fees generated per retirement property ($) 10,686 11,000 11,300
    Sales of Occupation Rights - Units 658 638+ ?
    Last edited by hardt; 05-10-2017 at 09:25 AM.

Numbers are pretty awful

In spite of reiterating the 450 new sales for the year (Q4 is going to be a real boomer) might push the share price down to 450/470

That be good ...as long as it stays in the bounds of the long up trending regression channel
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    More people dying in the summer than winter (or is there a lag to when the units are resold) ...
    hard to see any trend in seasonals, it would be good if the company could split resales up into categories

people dying
    resales into other units
    resales of people who outright left

then we could make better assumptions on a number of factors
    one step ahead of the herd

No worries, Q4 is going to be an absolute boomer with unprecedented numbers of settlements. The key statement is we're on track to deliver 450 new sales.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    No worries, Q4 is going to be an absolute boomer with unprecedented numbers of settlements. The key statement is we're on track to deliver 450 new sales.
    I thought it said new units*
    which means units available for sale.

Guru

What's going on? I thought the 2nd half was meant to be much better than the first half? Going to have to be a yuge quarter 4.

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    I thought it said new units*
    which means units available for sale.
    "The group is on track to deliver 450 retirement units for the year. A large number of retirement unit deliveries have been late in the third quarter which will reflect in settlement volumes in the fourth quarter”.
    I believe Julian is referring to new units. He's confirming yet again their target of 450 new units will be met. One thing I have learned the hard way with this stock that I will pass on. Whatever you do, do not let a single quarters sales metrics unduly influence your view of this stock. Keep you eye on the annual total and the even longer game than that.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-10-2017 at 09:57 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I believe Julian is referring to new units. He's confirming yet again their target of 450 new units will be met.
    Yep - 450 brand new units recently completed is what it means

Add resales to that number

Latest property data suggests they will getting pretty good prices for them as well

Will be making heaps more than last year
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yep - 450 brand new units recently completed is what it means

Add resales to that number

Latest property data suggests they will getting pretty good prices for them as well

Will be making heaps more than last year
    Yeap all good, no worries. I see no reason to change my full year forecast of $85-90m underlying profit. My core expectations for 2017 house prices built into that model were zero house price growth for Auckland and 3% for the rest of the country. Rest of the country where SUM has the vast bulk of its villages is tracking well ahead of my expectations.

P.S. Yes there is a lag. As residents succumb to winter flu's and other illnesses exacerbated by winter its take a little while to refurbish their units before resale over spring and summer.

P.P.S. You know that share price relativity thing with RYM that Couta1 used to reefer too, well we are pushing the outer limits of that with RYM SP 1.85 times SUM SP.
    Expecting that to tighten into 1.5 next year. SUM $7 sometime in FY18.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-10-2017 at 10:27 AM.

P.P.S. You know that share price relativity thing with RYM that Couta1 used to reefer too, well we are pushing the outer limits of that with RYM SP 1.85 times SUM SP.
    Expecting that to tighten into 1.5 next year. SUM $7 sometime in FY18.
    Magic ... we are well positioned - aren't we?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)