sharetrader
Page 570 of 970 FirstFirst ... 70470520560566567568569570571572573574580620670 ... LastLast
Results 5,691 to 5,700 of 9700
    Advanced Member

I do understand this property value stuff, but it is only worth that when they sell the properties. I don’t see dividends dropping in a hurry, they will only go upward I think. My only two cents added 😊

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    You reckon this government, who also promised to hold the retirement age at 65 (which is positive for the industry), is going to change the fundamental laws of time and stop people getting old??

(along with the lofty $20 an hour target, cutting corporate tax to 25%, building 100,000 homes in 10 years, free uni for first years, and Winston himself walking down the pike river shaft - I look forward to seeing all these happening starting 1 Jan next year!)
    lol good post. I'm all for sending Winston down the pike river mine shaft especially as he's sent all of us down one !
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-10-2017 at 02:35 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

The Kid

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Mike is always good for a laugh.
    Take anything he raves about with a grain of salt - remember he is a commentator not a journo.
    I don't find him funny at all. Approx. 2,000 migrants were related to building/construction in 2016. Out of what, 72,000 net?

$20 min wage just announced , now all those people on 20 now will want more ...... who was it saying on here? costs already factored in ... really
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    $20 min wage just announced , now all those people on 20 now will want more ...... who was it saying on here? costs already factored in ... really
    $20 from when ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    $20 from when ?
    $20 minimum wage by 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    $20 minimum wage by 2020
    Thanks. I remain confident SUM will adapt their business model.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Thanks. I remain confident SUM will adapt their business model.
    Hopefully they will be paying that already. Who wants their elderly parents looked after
    by discontented underpaid workers?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    $20 minimum wage by 2020
    Little old New Zealand setting the trend for the one of the highest minimum wages in the world...... I wonder where the money is going to come from?

Most of them are paid over $19 an hour already under the caregiver wage accord that started from July 1 this year.

Extract from sharechat article just released
    The minimum wage will rise progressively to $20 per hour over the next four years, starting with a move to $16.50 in April 2018, but with the track for further increases yet to be determined and the final increase to that level occurring in April 2021.
    Of course we all know that all new governments stick to their original wish lists right down to dotting the last I and crossing the last T, don't we...just saying.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-10-2017 at 05:24 PM.